July/2013 Honeymoon Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

silvernotch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm having a hard time deciding on where to stay in Cozumel for our mid-July honeymoon. I normally stay at more quiet secluded places but it looks like there's a lot of bigger resorts on the island. We would like to stay for 10-11 days and would be flying out of PHL.

I'm not particularly picky but there are a few things I would like to have. I'd really like some kind of beach front room. I've never had one and have always wanted one but if that's not really feasible I'll deal with it. We would like to dive mostly every day with maybe 1 or 2 days off max. We usually like to do 2 morning dives and sleep in the afternoon and hit the pool and some cocktails in the evening. We definitely want to throw a few night dives in there too and maybe a couple afternoon dives. I would prefer a place with little or no kids and I would also like decent food.

I'd really appreciate any help. My future husband doesn't really care where we go as long as he can eat, sleep, and get in the water.

Thanks!!!

Two resorts I often book for folks are the Allegro and Occidental, but neither fit the beach front room requirement. Nice beaches but no ocean front rooms. Scuba Club Cozumel has ocean front rooms and ground flooor rooms are a few steps from the beach. Scuba Club is still offering 2012 pricing into 2013 and July is considered low season on Coz.

Aura and Sabor Exclusive ahve been rebranded as Secrets Aura and are apparently adults only. The Aura property is essentially beach front but the other one is not (previous Sabor Exclusive) but are thrown together as one property. If you use them make sure to get in the right section. The one with the multiple odd shaped pools, the palapa bar in the center and the small lengthwise pools in front of each separate building is the Sabor Exclusive (now part of Secrets Aura with the previous Aura property). Their renovations should be done by July.

There could be more adults only on Cozumel that I am not aware of.

These properties are on the southern end of the island and are secluded in that manner but there can be quite a few people there at the property. The south end generally has better beaches. There are a few good beaches on the north end.

Any dive op can pick you up from the wooden pier in front of the Aura property. Our diving is exactly as you described you wanted though we don't use the onsite dive op.

Any other property that is not exclusively adults only would probably have kids in July. How many I couldn't say but they should be out of school. I suspect that some dedicated dive resorts/hotels e.g. Scubaclub, have less kids.

The food at Aura and the previous Sabor Exclusive is good and better than at the neighboring properties (old Sabor now Sunscape).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom