July 26th the date???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butch103

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Folks is this the date for the 1st annual OFWF BBQ? :lunch:

And is the location Taz's ? Ducks?

Lets gets some info confirmed folks........

I'll show up for this one.. I already missed the last dinner, and I don't want to miss another event.. :)
Perfect weekend.. It was the only one that wasn't booked in July.. You have perfect timing.
Someone just has to give me directions and tell me what to bring.. Woohoo..
Will this be a combined BBQ/Dive?

sparky30 once bubbled...
I'll show up for this one.. I already missed the last dinner, and I don't want to miss another event.. :)
Perfect weekend.. It was the only one that wasn't booked in July.. You have perfect timing.
Someone just has to give me directions and tell me what to bring.. Woohoo..
Will this be a combined BBQ/Dive?

This is what I am trying to establish...all the particulars.....Lets either s*** or get off the potty......

Like you weekends are getting to be at a premium........Perhaps one of our resident instructors could be there to give a specialtie cert ( costs covered of course) as an inticer to get more there.........

Great idea.. nice incentive.. I could use another one.. :) Trying to get my 5 so I can get Master Diver :) I'm getting closer.. I need two more...
July 26th is awesome.. Now we just need the place..Ducks would work.. in case they are booked, we could always go camping at Sandbanks and do the shore dives at the Ducks...

My request for vacation time is still outstanding and at this point. If I am going to hold the dive at my cottage I would prefer to be on holidays. If the dive is at Ducks it could be questionable.

I apologize, but this new job has taken away most of my free time and to ensure we have a proper event since people are travelling from afar, I'd like to be able to give a yes or no at this point but am unable to do so. If you can give me a week or so to confirm with my Board Chair it would be appreciated. If you feel the need to book now, I will suggest you go with Ducks and I'll see what I can do at that point.

;-0

no pressure, especially since you did volunteer you space, if we cannot hold it at your place, so be it, you cannot make heaven and earth meet. Don't sweat it mate.

We can find another spot if need be.........

I am really trying to firm up some details.......

Most importantly the date....we can always find a spot to get wet somewhere.....

Well I'm in full support to the date.

I'd love to have it held up near the Brockville area (and at Taz's place if we can). Though I'm willing to travel as shown by the fact I put on 600Km for today's diving.

Now for actual diving. Unless we move on it... it may be unlikely that we can get a charter, so I suggest we aim for a place that can please folks with shore diving, and take a charter if we can.

So Butch - you have my vote for
  • 26 July 2003
  • holding at Taz's (aka Brockville area) (with the bonus that there is lots of shore diving to choose from)

I tend to agree, that Brockville would be a good choice, lots of charter boats available and numerous shore dives. Did I mention the patio at the Keystorm?

Anyway if I can get away that weekend I would like to come down and I live in Sarnia. :)
Gary

the date's the important thing, so I (and others) can book it off/arrange things around it (and possibly arrange for a buddy as I suspect jrtonkin may be otherwise occupied :rolleyes: )

Locationwise - well, once I am down there anyways (I'll d a few other things down south on the same trip) what's another 100 km or so?

Hmm, who wants to dive on the days before or afterwards, too? Not necessarily in Brockville...

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom