July roll call!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just read about Tropical Storm Arlene, which according to the map looks like the southern skirts of it have been in that area. But it's now moving north and away from Cozumel. YAY!

Here are some more questions:
How much can i expect to pay for the cab ride from the airport to Park Royal (knowing i need to negotiate the price up front) for 3 adults and 2 kids?
Is it even worth getting any pesos, or does everyone just want american dollars still?
thanks for your help, o wise ones!
Janeen

The deal on the taxi is they aren't allowed to pick up at the airport. You are supposed to buy a van ticket and they load a van and drop people as they go. Not a bad service really. Some people do walk off the airport grounds and have luck finding a taxi on the street. Don't prebuy the shuttle, just push through the mass of timeshare guys to the shuttle desk and buy a ticket.

On the pesos, I watch the rate and find generally you get a better deal in pesos, as business pick a safe exchange rate and stick with it. Some of those can be worse than others. Dollar arent an issue, but I like to hit the ATM and get pesos. I just open a Bank of America checking account just to use the ATM for totally free in Coz.

Here are some more questions:
How much can i expect to pay for the cab ride from the airport to Park Royal (knowing i need to negotiate the price up front) for 3 adults and 2 kids?
Is it even worth getting any pesos, or does everyone just want american dollars still?
thanks for your help, o wise ones!
Janeen

Since taxis can't pick up from the airport, your best bet is a shuttle. I don't remember the exact price but I believe it's around 9-10 dollars but it depends what zone Park Royal is in. It's quick and very easy to dive. Cozumel is a small airport. Like cvchief said, push your way through the timeshare guys and go right up to the shuttle service booth. It is towards the right before you leave the airport.

Dollars or pesos will work fine but I would highly recommend that you have small denominations. Some will claim not to have change or actually won't have change.

The shuttle ticket window - turn immediately right once you get to the timeshare folks. If you are asked if you need help, say "no, thank you" repeatedly and continue to walk to the right. The last window on the left is the shuttle window with someone sitting behind the window.

Updated to remove us from the get together on the 4th. Hope all goes well and we'll see everybody else on the 9th!

Jun 21- Jul 20- Pelagicsal, Villa Aldora, Aldora Divers and probably some other random dives, too
Jun 29 - Jul 14 - BTravlin & wife, Casa Abejas , Blue XTSea
June 29 - July 15 - mmtndiver Suites Bahia, Scuba Mau
Jun 30 - Jul 17 - ScubaBird and his wife - Villa Aldora, Aldora
July 1 - 8 - Brules - Park Royal, Scuba Shack/Blue Bubble/Robertas Eco Dive
July 1-10 - Leejnd (aka LeeAnne, + non-diving Mom) - Cozumel Palace, Aldora
July 1-11 - zzzScuba - Regency Villas , Sand Dollar
July 2-9 - samcraig & wife - Aura; Dive with Martin
July 2-9 - DiverGrrl - Park Royal, diving with Brules at Scuba Shack
July 2- 10 - SailNaked (5 Total) – Wyndham, Dive with Martin
July 3-10 – Pharmguy –Villa Blanca , ?????
July 4 - 12 - macado - ?, Diving with ?
July 5-10 - calidivinggirl - Hotel Cozumel, diving with Deep Blue.
July 7– 10- DallasNewbie –Blue Angel, Blue Angel
July 7-13 - scubaboardnewgirl - hotel la casona real, Deep Blue CozumelJuly 7-14 - 1erCRU - Villa Aldora, Aldora
July 8 –16- scottstewart –Blue Angel , Blue Angel
July 8 - 13 - Reidster & Wife - Casa Mexicana and diving with Blue XTSea
July 9-16 – DiverG - 99% sure - ????, Scuba Mau
July 9-16 - Rescue Diver68 - Fiesta Americana, Scuba Mau
July 11-18 - Westonjazz - ??
July 11-19- Jwilson05 with Mrs. W, Suites Bahia, Scuba Mau
July 15-22- Staffybull -hotel Coz, Scuba Mau
July 16-21- Okiraku_diver - ?????? , Aqua Safari
July 17-27- Superglyde (for my birthday) with a wife and 2 college kids Villa Blanca , Scuba Mau
July 17-27-WolfDiver and wife, Alegro, Pro Dive Mexico
July 21-24- Guy and Maribi Harrison: Villa Aldora, Aldora and (14-20 Cancun Le Meridian and diving with Scorpio 2-3 days (still booking those trips), ALSO looking for people to share a "VIP" whale shark boat with us any day from the 15th through the 20th.
July 23-30 - Acumen and significant other - Blue Angel, Blue Angel
July 24-Aug 1- CVChief, Susanita and 2 nephews, Las Ventanas B404, Scuba with Alison
July 26-Aug 3- Basscat - Suites Bahia, 5 days Blue XTSea
July 26-Aug 2- kuma1720 ????, Scuba Mau

MEET-N-GREETS

July 4 - Wet Wendy's - 7pm
Leejnd - 2
mmtndiver - 1
macado - 1
Brules - 2 (?)
Pelagicsal - 1
Sailnaked - 2
DiverGrrl - 3 + 2 kids

July 9 - La Choza - 7pm
Leejnd - 2
mmtndiver - 1
Btravlin - 2
macado - 1 (?)
Pelagicsal - 1 (?)
1erCRU - 2
Reidster - 2
Scubaboardnewgirl - 1

I leave late Thursday night (doing a red-eye), arriving Friday. See y'all soon!

Ok seriously, Late July Peeps, we gotta start putting something together to show up Miss Leejnd and her overly organized early July crew.....

OK, Saturday the 30th, Wet Wendy's? Or I'll for sure be at the square Sunday.

Updated to remove us from the get together on the 4th. Hope all goes well and we'll see everybody else on the 9th!

Well I'm glad you'll be there on the 9th at least. See you there!

And yeah...late July peeps...don't let us early folks show you up! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom