JUly26th OFWF Brockville Scuba Party & Guest List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Groundhog246 once bubbled...
I don't know the area at all, but that sounds like it might be a good plan. How many other divers (not with our group) are there likely to be at either site?

I was talking to my LDS today and they have a club charter going to Brockville on Sunday. They usually take quite a few. I would think there will be alot of divers no matter how you slice it.

how or who is going to be in charge of pairing people up for the dives..and is there going to be anyone camping for the weekend..im hoping to pull in sometime friday morning and stay till sunday..and is anyone going to be staying at pleasure park campgrounds?if not where is everyone going to be staying to stay together

Our dive club in June pulled off having approx 30 people diving the Connie at the same time.

What does the group think?

Do you wish to dive in two separate groups in the morning and then have the mass dive in Brockville in the afternoon?

i think that having that many divers diving at the same time isnt a wise thing to do..considering everyones experience and all..

snuggle once bubbled...
i think that having that many divers diving at the same time isnt a wise thing to do..considering everyones experience and all..

It's a large area. There are always tons of divers around anyway. It will be fun. :wink:

Taz and I got together and have worked out a plan that we hope is suitable to all those that are coming.

We're a large group and as we really don't want to overwhelm any of the dive sites with an invasion (remember, we're not going to be the only ones at these sites) here's the plan:

Everyone who wants to dive as a group meet at the parking lot by Sea & Sky in Prescott. Then split the large group into three smaller ones. Each of the smaller group going to a different site and rotating through the three sites (Rothesay, Connestoga, Brockville water park).

The Brockville site will have Taz there all day greeting, meeting and diving with you.

The leading for the Rothesay and the Connie dives will be shared by Barb and I.

Diving details:
08:30 Meet at the parking lot at Sea & Sky we'll be there with balloons on the cars. Please park near the store, to leave dock area for the divers.
(Directions - Take the 401, exit # 716 for Prescott, go east towards the river. Go to the very end, turn right onto King Street, go 1 block, turn left at the clock tower, go to the end and turn left into the parking lot)

Everyone will get a "dive package" with info on the three sites, and directions to each. If you've forgotten stuff, Sea & Sky is open for business (and air and nitrox fills -- remember to bring your c-card ). Choose your starting site, and one of the leaders will head off with a group.

Dive the day away, then get ready for the 6pm - OFWF Official end of Day Dinner at ‘Buds on the Bay’

DivingGal once bubbled...
Taz and I got together and have worked out a plan that we hope is suitable to all those that are coming.

Now that sounds truly organized. Thanks again for the time and effort you and Taz are putting into this. Is it Sea & Sky we'll be getting air from re: Taz's earlier post?

sounds great guys, and thanks again for organizing this for us!

Groundhog246 once bubbled...
Now that sounds truly organized. Thanks again for the time and effort you and Taz are putting into this. Is it Sea & Sky we'll be getting air from re: Taz's earlier post?

What Taz said was this....
I have worked put a special air fill rate with our local Brockville Dive Shop for our July 26th event, if you pay in cash ( costs money to use the debit machine ). PM me for details as I don't want to turn this into a commercial announcement, it is more just my way of saying a little thank you to everyone who is coming and may need air. Sorry Nitrox is not available at this location, but is available at Abucs out Hwy #2 at Long Beach, will see if Helen will give us a special on Nitrox.

Which is absolutely fantastic... but as it's in Brockville, and we're meeting in Prescott, I just thought I'd mention the availability of the air and nitrox there.

DivingGal once bubbled...

What Taz said was this....

Which is absolutely fantastic... but as it's in Brockville, and we're meeting in Prescott, I just thought I'd mention the availability of the air and nitrox there.

Without trying to sound like a commercial annoucement, let's try to support both operations and buy air as need from both the Prescott and Brockville store. Which ever one is near when you need air.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom