June 2013 - Back to the Summer Again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mossman please add Dave, Jack & his son Joe. Staying @ the Sabor 6/7 till 6/12 diving with Dive Palancar??
Gladly!

Tax day is over, April almost done. Fortunately May is one of those nice spring months that are over before we know it. And then it's June!

June 2013 "Back" Roll:

Nashwl, May 29-June 5, Hogtown Motel, Papa Hogs
rromero2 +2, June 1-8, El Cid, Babieca
h20dave +2, June 7-12, Sabor, Dive Palancar
AmyLoraR & kevmiami, June 7-16, Villa Las Anclas, ?
tomhooper +1, June 10-20, Suites Bahia, Grupo America
MMM, June 10-27, Casa MMM, Living Underwater
atatt & dtatt, June 11-23, Cozumel Palace, Scuba Mau

Mossman, June 14-22, Secrets Aura, Living Underwater
jdubz +1, June 15-22, Cozumel Palace, Aldora
weaver9710, June 16-23, El Cantil, Living Underwater
Rhodesaz, mid-June, Occidental Grand, [pending]
WestHoustonDiver + 5, June 21, day trip, Scuba Mau
VicScubaVentures, June 29-July 6, Scuba Club, Scuba Club
wills029 +1, June 29-July 6, Blue Angel, Blue Angel
OSUcowboyinSPFD, June 29-July 6,
Cozumel Palace, Blue Project
ilympt +2, June 29-July 10, Allegro, Dive with Martin

Me and the good looking one (wife) are looking at mid June at the Occidental Grand.

I'll be at the Grand June 29th, amongst a party of 14 Canadians, 9 of which are inveterate divers, primed to plumb the translucent aqueous heaven that is Cozumel, & diving with Palancar Divers.

Regards,
DSD

I'll be at the Grand June 29th, amongst a party of 14 Canadians, 9 of which are inveterate divers, primed to plumb the translucent aqueous heaven that is Cozumel, & diving with Palancar Divers.

Regards,
DSD
Welcome, eh!

June 2013 "Back" Roll:

Nashwl, May 29-June 5, Hogtown Motel, Papa Hogs
rromero2 +2, June 1-8, El Cid, Babieca
h20dave +2, June 7-12, Sabor, Dive Palancar
AmyLoraR & kevmiami, June 7-16, Villa Las Anclas, ?
tomhooper +1, June 10-20, Suites Bahia, Grupo America
MMM, June 10-27, Casa MMM, Living Underwater
atatt & dtatt, June 11-23, Cozumel Palace, Scuba Mau

Mossman, June 14-22, Secrets Aura, Living Underwater
jdubz +1, June 15-22, Cozumel Palace, Aldora
weaver9710, June 16-23, El Cantil, Living Underwater
Rhodesaz, mid-June, Occidental Grand, [pending]
WestHoustonDiver + 5, June 21, day trip, Scuba Mau
VicScubaVentures, June 29-July 6, Scuba Club, Scuba Club
wills029 +1, June 29-July 6, Blue Angel, Blue Angel
OSUcowboyinSPFD, June 29-July 6,
Cozumel Palace, Blue Project
ilympt +2, June 29-July 10, Allegro, Dive with Mart
DeepSeaDan +13, June 29-?, Occidental Grand, Palancar Divers

Two weeks have passed since the last update. No new arrivals. Well, that suits me just fine. I hate crowds.

At least we're not as lonely as the few souls on the July list.

So Monday I send out my reg and computer for service. Computer goes to the only place in the U.S. that services grey-market (i.e. Leisure Pro) Suuntos AFAIK, a shop in Colorado. Can't decide if I want to send my reg to Gypsy Divers again, which did a fine job, or to ScubaToys which would be cheaper. With barely a month to go, it may depend on who's faster.

Passport on the way. Got my photos at the local UPS Store. Went back after I realized they made my head too big. Owner argued with me, insisting that they'd accept my big head even though it's very clear on the application how big your head can be and mine was obviously way outsized. She finally agreed to reshoot the pics, and again tried making my head too big. I had her zoom out. She said it wouldn't be acceptable because it showed too much of my shoulders. I told her I didn't agree and we left my shoulders nice and big, head small. Sure enough, when I returned home and got on the US Passport website, the "acceptable" photo example showed just as much shoulder as in my new shrunken-headed pic. I sure wish they'd train the so-called professional passport photographers a little better. So far so good. Passport office e-mailed that my package arrived and they haven't called to complain about my shoulders yet. With expedited turnaround, they should be almost done.

That just leaves packing. Getting close.

I had my passport stuff done at CVS. Amazing how a private company can .. nevermind. Dont want to start a battle :).

I am getting mine done by Cozumel Scuba Repair once I am back on the island. They will have it done in a day, they will do a great job and the price is right.

So Monday I send out my reg and computer for service. Computer goes to the only place in the U.S. that services grey-market (i.e. Leisure Pro) Suuntos AFAIK, a shop in Colorado. Can't decide if I want to send my reg to Gypsy Divers again, which did a fine job, or to ScubaToys which would be cheaper. With barely a month to go, it may depend on who's faster.

I am getting mine done by Cozumel Scuba Repair once I am back on the island. They will have it done in a day, they will do a great job and the price is right.
I'll keep that in mind for the next trip. Unfortunately this trip I don't get in until the afternoon on the 14th and I'm scheduled on the boat the morning of the 15th. Unless they're willing to work late...

No local place to do it?

No local place to do it?
My local shop charges for things I don't want and I'm skeptical whether they change out all the parts (o-rings, etc.) that are supposed to be changed out. I can drive 100 miles r/t to L.A. and have lots of shops to choose from, but for the 200 miles worth of gas (drop off and pick up), it's cheaper to ship.

I just had a brilliant idea - since I need to ship my Suunto to Colorado anyway (local service is definitely not an option with my grey-market D9), why not have that same shop service my reg? That way I save on shipping costs (just one box) and I don't even have to remove the pressure transmitter from the HP port. Doh!

Back
Top Bottom