June 2013 - Back to the Summer Again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Welcome back to Coz. I'm pretty sure you'll like Aldora's service over Mau's and the bigger tanks can't hurt. I know you'll like the Palace over Hotel Cozumel, where you'll be joined by atatt and dtatt. Please "buy" them a drink from me since I changed my hotel plans and won't be able to."

Now Mossman, let's not start saying someone will like one Op better than another! :facepalm: You know we all think our Op is the best and everyone has their own opinion on who provides better service. Don and I have been diving with Mau for many years and love his service; he is a dear friend to us because of the relationship we have developed by diving with him! I think you would be hard pressed to find better service, not saying you can't find similar but let's not say better!! Anyway; we'll miss that drink you were supposed to "buy" for us. Have a great time at Secret's, I look forward to your thoughts on it vs. the Palace. June 11th can't get here fast enough! :outtahere:
Actually, I can't even tell from Mau's website what services are provided. I just figured it was less than Aldora's but I could be wrong.

Then again, I just noticed on Aldora's site that they don't handle wetsuits. So maybe I was wrong about Aldora's service too. Does Mau handle wetsuits?

It would be nice to have a table that listed all services, tank types, and price, so dive ops could be directly compared at one glance.

---------- Post added April 16th, 2013 at 12:50 PM ----------

I'll be there 6/7-6/16 with kevmiami and 4 other non-SB divers. Staying at Villa Las Anclas, not sure who we are diving with, yet.
June 2013 "Back" Roll:

Nashwl, May 29-June 5, Hogtown Motel, Papa Hogs
rromero2 +2, June 1-8, El Cid, Babieca
AmyLoraR & kevmiami, June 7-16, Villa Las Anclas, ?
tomhooper +1, June 10-20, Suites Bahia, Grupo America
MMM, June 10-27, Casa MMM, Living Underwater
atatt & dtatt, June 11-23, Cozumel Palace, Scuba Mau

Mossman, June 14-22, Secrets Aura, Living Underwater
jdubz +1, June 15-22, Cozumel Palace, Aldora
weaver9710, June 16-23, El Cantil, Living Underwater
Rhodesaz, mid-June, Occidental Grand, [pending]
WestHoustonDiver + 5, June 21, day trip, Scuba Mau
VicScubaVentures, June 29-July 6, Scuba Club, Scuba Club
wills029 +1, June 29-July 6, Blue Angel, Blue Angel
OSUcowboyinSPFD, June 29-July 6,
Cozumel Palace, Blue Project
ilympt +2, June 29-July 10, Allegro, Dive with Martin

Mossman, Mau will store and keep all your gear for you and have it ready on the boat the next morning. Junior takes care of the gear and he does a nice job rinsing and storing everything. I agree about a table to show all op's services, etc, that would be handy but quite a job for anyone that would take that on! It's nice to see the June list coming together; it seemed kinda short for awhile.

See - if you all would just come in July instead of June, you don't need wet suits at all! :)

Mossman, Mau will store and keep all your gear for you and have it ready on the boat the next morning. Junior takes care of the gear and he does a nice job rinsing and storing everything. I agree about a table to show all op's services, etc, that would be handy but quite a job for anyone that would take that on! It's nice to see the June list coming together; it seemed kinda short for awhile.
My mistake then for assuming. Not sure why, but I had figured them to be more of a no-frills dive op. I probably should have said they'll be disappointed with Aldora's service as compared to Mau since wetsuit storage is all-important IMO. But I still like bigger tanks. My preferred dive op has bigger tanks and wetsuit storage, which is why it's the best dive op on the island :)

---------- Post added April 16th, 2013 at 02:45 PM ----------

See - if you all would just come in July instead of June, you don't need wet suits at all! :)
I always dive in a wetsuit because I look sexy in a wetsuit.

A sock with a string. I will have all the DM's wearing them soon!

Wetsuits in Cozumel. I don't even wear one in January and February. Guess I'm just hot blooded. At least that's what my wife tells me anyway.

Wetsuits in Cozumel. I don't even wear one in January and February. Guess I'm just hot blooded. At least that's what my wife tells me anyway.
Besides providing protection against stinging critters (hydroids, siphonophores, box jellies, fire corals, etc.), wetsuits provide helpful thermal protection since the average human body can become hypothermic when immersed naked in less than 93 degrees or so. Before hypothermia sets in, the body will respond with physiologic responses to the temperature such as shivering and shunting blood; the former uses energy and thus can increase respiration and air consumption, the latter causes blood shunting which can potentially lead to pulmonary edema (rare).

But it's your choice. I used to routinely swim for hours in 55-65 degrees ocean water with nothing more than a T-shirt and bathing suit but now I wear my 3 mm "hyperstretch" in the Caribbean summer and add another 3 mm of core warmer in the winter.

Mossman please add Dave, Jack & his son Joe. Staying @ the Sabor 6/7 till 6/12 diving with Dive Palancar??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom