Jupiter Dive Report 6-11-2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thezeker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Was out with JDC today (Tuesday) and sort of a good news bad news. Dove on the ledges and the Grotto....I think. Anyway, the water temp was 78-80. That's the good news. Current was ripping 3-4 knots I would guess. Visibility was 20-40 at best. Seas were a sporty 2-4, as we would hit some sets that had to be 5. A few people fed the fish. Lots of fish out but with the current and vis who knows what we missed. The usual suspects along the reef, a couple of reef sharks, turtles, and two huge Barracudas.

Seas are suppose to settle down later this week. I hope the vis improves as Friday I plan not to be at work.

Seas were a sporty 2-4, as we would hit some sets that had to be 5. A few people fed the fish..

Thanks for the dive report. Even by the evening, the seas were calming down. I walked my dog on Jupiter Beach and it looked near calm on the horizon at about 7:00. The boats on the horizon did not look like they were bobbing around much.

thnx for posting

Thanks for the dive report. Even by the evening, the seas were calming down. I walked my dog on Jupiter Beach and it looked near calm on the horizon at about 7:00. The boats on the horizon did not look like they were bobbing around much.

Now that figures. I've been on the worst losing streak when it comes to conditions. I know if I don't go out on Friday it will be like glass with 6,000 feet visibility and a Megalodon will show up.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom