Jupiter Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And today divers in Jupiter have posted confirmed pictures of a 13 foot Great White shark that they were able to get within 10 ft of.
It's Jupiter and there is nothing like it and the variety we have in our back yard on a 2 digit trip cost.

Say what????! Do you have a link to pics? This is why I love diving in Jupiter. You never know what you're going to see.

@CosbySweater do you know who does rental tanks for Kyalami? I am looking at going with them next Wednesday 12/30. I wanted to see about renting steel 100s so I can work out the weighting ect before I decide to take the 3 tank trip with Emerald. I normally use my on AL80s but it looks like I would be best to get the steel 100s for the Emerald trip and I want to be ready for that and not guessing about anything as that would be a setup I have never used.

@CosbySweater do you know who does rental tanks for Kyalami? I am looking at going with them next Wednesday 12/30. I wanted to see about renting steel 100s so I can work out the weighting ect before I decide to take the 3 tank trip with Emerald. I normally use my on AL80s but it looks like I would be best to get the steel 100s for the Emerald trip and I want to be ready for that and not guessing about anything.

I'm currently booked with Kyalami next Mon and Wed (12/28 and 12/30). I don't know if they source their own rental tanks or use Jupiter Dive Center. I always bring my own tanks.

I'm current booked with Kyalami next Mon and Wed (12/28 and 12/30). I don't know if they source their own rental tanks or use Jupiter Dive Center. I always bring my own tanks.
Awesome I look forward to meeting you. I normally would bring my own also but as I said above I want to dive the steel 100s and I don't own any lol all i have is my 5 AL80s.

@CosbySweater do you know who does rental tanks for Kyalami? I am looking at going with them next Wednesday 12/30. I wanted to see about renting steel 100s so I can work out the weighting ect before I decide to take the 3 tank trip with Emerald. I normally use my on AL80s but it looks like I would be best to get the steel 100s for the Emerald trip and I want to be ready for that and not guessing about anything as that would be a setup I have never used.

Kyalami uses JDC for fills. I don’t know if Kyalami uses JDCs tanks or if they have their own and just use JDCs fill station.

Either way, you can rent steel 100s from JDC (or any other shop that rents them) and just bring them on Kyalami.

Or, if you call Kyalami they’ll prob get you steel 100s too. It’s a popular size down here.

.... who does rental tanks for Kyalami?.
Kyalami owns their own HP100's steel Nitrox tanks. You can rent from them, but reserve soon since there are limited quantities available and it is a very popular size. 20 a bottle.

Kyalami owns their own HP100's steel Nitrox tanks. You can rent from them, but reserve soon since there are limited quantities available and it is a very popular size. 20 a bottle.
Trip and tanks for 12/30 booked can't wait! Anybody besides @JimBlay going out with them that day?

Do operators include weights in the dive trip, or do I have to rent them?

Do operators include weights in the dive trip, or do I have to rent them?

JDC does, but they have a limited selection. Particularly they don't have 2lb weights, so I brought my own.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom