Jupiter Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ten days ago I did the 10:00 boat from PVD (M/V Aurelia). Having read about the thermocline, I was (miserably overdressed) in a 5mm wetsuit with hood.

The first dive on Juno ledge, according to my Teric, splashed at 92 and ended at 87.
The second dive on the WPB Corridor splashed at 88 and finished at 90.

View attachment 794018
View attachment 794019

I have no idea what to wear this coming weekend (I'm diving on the weekend after the mini-season goat rope.)

I would expect that by next weekend the temps would be back to normal for this time of year. Unless they're not. Your guess is as good as mine. I just know that I don't like diving in 68 degree water without my drysuit or 7mm!!!

Heard from Brad (via Ryan) at JDC that temps are back up to 81 in Jupiter. Strong current and up to 80-100 feet of viz in some areas.
Oh yes please minus the strong current lol. Mini season here I come!

Just a quick update on Jupiter diving. Have done a couple dives on the local reefs with Jupiter Dive Center; the Goliaths are here, have only seen small numbers so far. Water temp down to 68F at 75 feet!!!! Lucky I brought a shorty and full 3/2. Also did a 3 tank shark dive with Emerald, fantastic fun, saw "Dusky" sharks and a couple 10 foot lemons. Water temp at depth around 73F. Chilly!!! Weird, though; the top of the water column is in the 80's, so feels like a bath tub at the end of the dive.

Detailed trip reports to follow in a few days. Going out for more Goliaths in the morning.

Oh...a few lobster hunters on board; they grab a few but not many. Nobody is limiting out.

Water temp down to 68F at 75 feet!!!!

Oh...a few lobster hunters on board; they grab a few but not many. Nobody is limiting out.
Thank you for the report, glad you enjoyed Jupiter !!

Just a quick update on Jupiter diving. Have done a couple dives on the local reefs with Jupiter Dive Center; the Goliaths are here, have only seen small numbers so far. Water temp down to 68F at 75 feet!!!! Lucky I brought a shorty and full 3/2. Also did a 3 tank shark dive with Emerald, fantastic fun, saw "Dusky" sharks and a couple 10 foot lemons. Water temp at depth around 73F. Chilly!!! Weird, though; the top of the water column is in the 80's, so feels like a bath tub at the end of the dive.

Detailed trip reports to follow in a few days. Going out for more Goliaths in the morning.

I got out today (Saturday 8/12) with JDC. Bluffs and Scarface. 71 degrees below 30 feet and 25-30 feet of viz. Strong surface current with almost no bottom current. Greenish water. Grabbed a couple bugs and called it a day. Not my favorite dive but better than sitting at home on a Saturday.

I got out today (Saturday 8/12) with JDC. Bluffs and Scarface. 71 degrees below 30 feet and 25-30 feet of viz. Strong surface current with almost no bottom current. Greenish water. Grabbed a couple bugs and called it a day. Not my favorite dive but better than sitting at home on a Saturday.

Never thought I’d say this, but I’m ready for winter diving so the water will warm up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom