Jupiter Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would recommend getting a few more dives in before trying Jupiter. You can go a little further down I-95 to the Boynton Beach area. There the water is a little shallower, and the currents a little less. This is a good place to learn to drift dive. Charters in this area I have used are: www.sixpackdivers.com capt Larry Pierce. Also Starfish enterprises, and Scuba Kev (here on the board). All of these are GREAT operators. If you need more information about these references, send me a PM and I will lookup their contact numbers for you!

Safe diving!

I 100% agree with Salmonboy about diving Boynton as newer divers.
However, I think Six Pack Divers is gone. I can highly recommend the Florida Divemaster of the Year (Kevin Metz) at Underwater Explorers though. A topnotch operation and you get the DM of the Year diving with you on every dive. He's full of excellent information to help you become a better diver.

Last edited:
Another two thumbs up for Boynton vs. Jupiter, and a hearty recommendation for Kev at Underwater Explorers. He will be in the water with you, at no extra charge...what could be better?

Thanks for the info,the more I read about Jupiter,the less suited it sounded for a new diver,deeper depths,current and possibly rough seas. I think a trip to the springs would be good for them to get some more dives in. They are looking for some warmer water dives,the water here is in the high 40s.:shocked2:

You would probably really enjoy Boynton Beach area. It is a VERY beautiful reef as well as a few wrecks. I dive it often.
When do you plan on coming down? Maybe I can set up a dive over there.

The Emerald is my favorite boat on that coast ,Randy knows the water from top to bottom and the gourmet lunch is great ,,,,,bring a camera you never know what you'll see....................................

The forecast for this upcoming Jupiter dive sounds like a whimpy 2-4' seas. Nothing compared to the 6-8' last weekend! LOL

Salmonboy97,
Next time you are in town let me know. I was dived out last this past weekend having been in Key Largo Monday - Wednesday. Scott

Salmonboy97,
Next time you are in town let me know. I was dived out last this past weekend having been in Key Largo Monday - Wednesday. Scott

A few of us are headed back over again to dive on Saturday Jan. 9th. One of the group preferrs JDC so we will probably end up over there unless I can talk him out of it. On Sunday (if the weather is good) I will switch back to Randy!

A few of us are headed back over again to dive on Saturday Jan. 9th. One of the group preferrs JDC so we will probably end up over there unless I can talk him out of it. On Sunday (if the weather is good) I will switch back to Randy!

I will probaly be in Key Largo that day, but if not, I would love to join. Jupiter Dive Center is my favorite all-time LDS. Just ask Visa. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom