Just a God

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow. The tide is in, the sun is up, the sea is flat (breeze from the west) and I don't have to work for another month. Maybe there is a just God, as opposed to just a God.

Darn! From the title, I thought this was a post about me! :D
evad:
Wow. The tide is in, the sun is up, the sea is flat (breeze from the west) and I don't have to work for another month. Maybe there is a just God, as opposed to just a God.

Sorry dude. I had a great dive though; the little nurse shark, tons of barracuda, and on one small clump of coral two diferent types of eel and a stonefish(?) that was actually swimming a little. The underside of their fins look like butterfly wings. I had gone in north of the pier at LBTS, but there was a strong south current so I ended up south of the pier just floating around on my back in crystal clear water. I almost fell asleep. I really didn't want to get out of the water. After a while, I got out and walked to Deep Blue Divers and asked for a fill on credit and they said ok which was really nice of them since I don't spend any money there. (now I'll have spend some money there.) I went back to the beach and it was one of those days when the mooring balls appear to be super close to the beach so I surface swam out past the pier, dropped down and kept going east to the balls. The south current out there was really strong so at 2000 psi I turned around. I didn't surface to see where I was because it would have freaked me out a little. For some reason, the beach appears to be much further away from the morring balls, than the mooring balls appear to be from the beach. Today I was very happy that magnetism and compasses exist. When I surfaced, I was way down by the high rises, so I went in near the beach to take advantage of the usual north current so I just lay there on my back drifting and swimming a little. When I just there with my eyes closed, I thought maybe I really could go to sleep. I went out at 8:20 and just got back at 1:15. I think I just experienced God, or maybe God experienced me. I'm trying to memorize the sensation so I can get those neurons to fire at will.

I'm glad I could make your day this way!

I made the day this way for Marvel, but if you were able to enjoy it as well... all the better! :14:

haha Awsome!
Just hit LBS for the first time on monday. It was my first beach dive too, my brother and cousin have been there before but this was my first visit and it will NOT be my last!

great dive, weather held out for us, not a bad current (we didnt even drift far from where we entered) and we caught a couple of bugs to top it all off! Lunch was good :)

enjoy your stay! be safe, have fun!

Dang...where are you guys?

_cuda_:
haha Awsome!
Just hit LBS for the first time on monday. It was my first beach dive too, my brother and cousin have been there before but this was my first visit and it will NOT be my last!

great dive, weather held out for us, not a bad current (we didnt even drift far from where we entered) and we caught a couple of bugs to top it all off! Lunch was good :)

enjoy your stay! be safe, have fun!

Were you guys wearing Rocket Fins? I may have seen you looking for lobsters. I was getting sand-blasted on the two first reefs, but between them, which is where sensible things seem to go, I saw a turtle, a nurse shark, a couple of stingrays, and 8 lobsters in a conga-line to the Bahamas (just like on television).

:( Reading your post made me sob! Still grounded with bad ear karma! Almost three weeks out of the water!!! I'm drying up.

ReneeC:
:( Reading your post made me sob! Still grounded with bad ear karma! Almost three weeks out of the water!!! I'm drying up.

Well, I'm sorry to here about your bad ear karma. That sucks. But, after 14 months out of the water ....................

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom