Just a small change diving dry can mean a lot....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitchell Teeters

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I dove a SLIGHTLY thicker base layer, from a rash guard to some military poly pro leggings, maybe twice as thick as the rash guard (if that), I had a tough time getting under water and holding my safety stop with my usual weights. These feel like wool(but synthetic) versus the thinner nylon. Just a note.

The leggings also affected my trim, making my legs a little lighter due to the air space. It wasn't much, just enough. Learn from my lesson. I'll adjust my weights by about a pound or two, and location (maybe).

Learn from my screw up, it didn't blow the dive but I had to work more on buoyancy than usual.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So how long have you been diving dry? I dive a crushed neoprene and other than some floaty feet I haven't had too hard an adjustment from to dry. I'd eventually like to go trilam but that wont be for awhile. I've read plenty of forums about adjusting to bi/tri lams.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

So how long have you been diving dry? I dive a crushed neoprene and other than some floaty feet I haven't had too hard an adjustment from to dry. I'd eventually like to go trilam but that wont be for awhile. I've read plenty of forums about adjusting to bi/tri lams.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

I've been diving dry for just over a year now. One of my buds said I never went feet high, but I could feel me wanting to. Spent a lot attention to making sure the bubble was in the upper body. I adjusted the tank down for the second as it never occurred to me what was going on. Sitting in the lazy boy it struck me what happened. I'm talking I was just a little light, just a distraction.

Regarding the material, I can't speak to that, this is my first drysuit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom