Just back from CCV....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
On my third dive, my PT-015 developed a leak in the jog dial. It didn't flood the camera with water but I had some hinky things happen with the camera. I'm thinking the moisture had something to do with it.

I had some of the small o-rings and after changing the one on the jog dial I had no more leaks.

I've got alot of photos to go through and will be writing a full report later this week.

Dee:
On my third dive, my PT-015 developed a leak in the jog dial. It didn't flood the camera with water but I had some hinky things happen with the camera. I'm thinking the moisture had something to do with it.

I had some of the small o-rings and after changing the one on the jog dial I had no more leaks.

I've got alot of photos to go through and will be writing a full report later this week.
Dee! Sorry to hear about the leak, but glad to have you back from your well deserved vacation. Missed ya and looking forward to your pictures!
Lisa

LOL i'm not glad to see you back, that means vacation is over and i'm sure it wasnt near long enough. another couple of weeks would have made it much better. i am sorry to hear about your camera but am glad to hear you were able to get the housing fixed. have fun darlin going through all the pics and we are looking forward to seeing some of them.

steve

Hi Dee,

I am glad to hear the your vacation went well - except for that near flooding. Looks like you preparedness paid off again, so that you could make the necessary repairs on site. I am leaving on Friday for Belize with my new Ikelite housing for my Nikon Coolpix 5000 and a new DS-50 strobe. I am really looking forward to trying for some good pictures. Your photos always seem so special. I look forward to seeing the new ones, when I return. Do you have any "special" photo suggestions for a newbie? I have been using a Sea & Sea MX-5 in the past, but I got fed up with all of the backskatter. Thanks. :06:

I will be wearing my new Dee rag on the trip.

05.gif

Welcome back. Looking forward to your pics. I'm glad you didn't trash your camera from the leak and/or condensation.

Aeolus:
Do you have any "special" photo suggestions for a newbie? I have been using a Sea & Sea MX-5 in the past, but I got fed up with all of the backskatter. Thanks. :06:

I will be wearing my new Dee rag on the trip.

The best advice I can give you is.....
1) practice with your camera on land before your go until you know where all the buttons are and what they do without having to look at it.
2) shoot until your fingers bleed!
3) Don't be afraid to take more than one shot of anything, varying the exposure a bit each time. Take advantage of the instant feedback to make each one better than the one before.
4) Don't sweat the bad ones....The good ones will come!

Back
Top Bottom