Just bought the c5050 and have a couple questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetman

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone use/recommend a microdrive for underwater? I bought a 384 meg card as well, but dont want to risk the microdrive as i suspect its less tolerant to pressures even though it should be equalized with the opening in the drive. I've read that they are sensitive to thinning atmosphere if they are used above 10k feet and was curious about the thicker air down below. I dont really have a sense for what the true pressure would be inside a camera case - i suspect it would be slightly above 1 atmosphere at depth but not sure. Any thoughts?

Also, any link to a DEPP website so i can puruse their offerings?

Any book recommendations specifically for underwater photography?

I also have a bonica with strobe - would this arm and strobe be at all useful with this digicam?

thanks. I'm sure there will be much more to come.

steve

Housing is supposed to protect it against pressure. Maybe it's sensitive above 10k feet (and for sure below surface) but without housing.

They dont seem to be too bad - if you get the nimh batteries i still get 100 or so good shots with either memory or drive. I bought 3 packs of 4 batteries just to have plenty to go around - these cameras drain a set of 4 alkaline duracells in less than 50 shots which adds up incredibly quickly. Since i'm new to photography, i've been ringing off pics of everything right and left just to get to know it better - so the nimhs pay for themselves in no time.

steve

Wetman -

I'm also thinking about getting the 5050. What sort of housing are you going to use underwater?

I think I will still use cards and transfer them to the Archos Jukebox Multimedia 20 (W/photo module) that I also plan on getting. I thin it will be more relaible that way.

- JG

Ikelite has just announced a January shipping date for the C-5050 housing, plus there's currently the Olympus PT-015 housing. I need a new digital camera anyway, and I'm torn between the Olympus C-5050, or the Nikon Coolpix 5000. Fast lens or wide-angle... fast lens or wide-angle...??!?!?!?!

Yeah but it would double as a land camera. My old Kodak has a f3.0 lens - which is crud in low light - the Nikon 5000 is only f2.8

sorry for going off topic!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom