Just can't get Horizontal.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

o2dependant

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm not sure If I would be better with the sidemount option but this front load just keeps me vertical.

Help!!!!

This is Phuket. They call it Joy Dive.

poster1000.jpg

Reactions: Eff
lol yeah I saw that at DEMA 2011...it is funnier in person

Love how the family in the background is fully dressed...

...like they didn't know it went underwater.

I was just checking out their website and saw a video they have there.
[video=youtube_share;If27XsfGx2M]http://youtu.be/If27XsfGx2M[/video]

Check out the ascent starting at around 1:55. I don't mean to be a big buzz-kill, but does that seem a little quick? Hopefully everyone concerned is fully aware that a customer can embolize whether or not their face is wet at the time...

That thing looks really scary to me. It seems to be marketed as not needing a diving certification. Is it just me, or would anyone else rather have significantly more training than a typical recreational scuba course before climbing into that odd contraption?

It's for the Russian and Chinese markets here, most of whom are non-swimmers. They only go about 2 meters deep, though of course it's enough to embolize if the rider does a breath hold. I have no idea of the cautions they offer to customers. They go to a nearby island (Koh Hei) that is so shallow and beaten up by snorkelers who stand on the reef that we don't even go there for scuba diving at all. This company also rents out transparent lucite kayaks for people to paddle around in over the beat up coral reef. Those stay horizontal :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom