Just curious.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i recently got my OW Cert. in july '08, have about 8 dives logged and can't wait to cont diving,
plan to get AOW and rescue certs, I'm 57.
YOU'RE AS OLD AS YOU FEEL! as long as you stay in shape.
dive safely

My wife and I were certified this past Spring, and we are 57 (age is just a number).:)

that DAN chart back on the first page is probably pretty accurate.
We have noticed that the majority of divers we meet traveling around the world are 40-60, some younger and some older. I think there was a study done by someone a few years back that revealed that he reason there are so many divers 40-60 is financial.
It isn't a cheap sport and also people in that age group have become financially secure and their kids are older and don't keep them from going to dive destinations, etc. It makes sense to me.
I have met very few diving couples which have small kids and if they do, they are very limited as where they go and how often. Once the kids get older, it is much easier to go on longer trips, too, as you don't feel as guilty leaving the kids with relatives. :D

Not exactly a new diver, but I'm excited to welcome all those new 55+ youngsters into our fold!!

I just did my OW a few weeks ago - I'm close (52)

I just completed dive 31 in Negril a few weeks ago. There were a few of us 50 somethings along. I was sure glad to have you young wippersnappers around to help me get my walker back on the boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom