Just curious

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gaudencio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A thought just came into my mine, How long before any PT-20 user experience flooding since they bought it. Or have you experience flooding? So that I may have an idea when to just keep watch more of my unit before it floods. How often should I have my unit serviced especially those knobs or bottons. :dazzler1:

The problem of flooding is not really an issue of time.

There are four known weaknesses of the PT-020 which you should be aware of:
  • instances of the o-ring popping out from the corners and causing a flood
  • not lifting the Mode Dial wheel of the housing can damage the Mode Dial of the camera during installation or removal
  • the bulkhead (external strobe connector) is not very robust
  • the polycarbonate 'bosses' or pins on the housing to which the port is attached to have been known to shear off if force is applied to the port
Keep the main o-rings clean and (sparingly) lubed and give the housing a good soak and rinse immediately after your dive. Don't over-work/over-maintain the main o-rings and keep an eye on them for stretching - when they do change them. If you're worried about flooding then get insurance.

HTH

ReyeR:
The problem of flooding is not really an issue of time.

There are four known weaknesses of the PT-020 which you should be aware of:
  • instances of the o-ring popping out from the corners and causing a flood
  • not lifting the Mode Dial wheel of the housing can damage the Mode Dial of the camera during installation or removal
  • the bulkhead (external strobe connector) is not very robust
  • the polycarbonate 'bosses' or pins on the housing to which the port is attached to have been known to shear off if force is applied to the port
Keep the main o-rings clean and (sparingly) lubed and give the housing a good soak and rinse immediately after your dive. Don't over-work/over-maintain the main o-rings and keep an eye on them for stretching - when they do change them. If you're worried about flooding then get insurance.

HTH

Thanks for the Tips ReyR, I'll keep those in mind.

Back
Top Bottom