Just finished "The Last Dive".

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm currently reading "Last Dive" and "Fatal Depth" the latter by Joe Haberstroh. "Shadow Divers" is on order, and I've read "Diver Down" and imo, ALL divers could benefit from reading the latter. :D

D

I also agree that the Shadow Divers account sounds more plausible and that Kurson and his "editorial eyes" would be unlikely not to have checked The Last Dive & other publications for such descrepancies. Once again, I am not a coastie but I would think a rescue copter could accomendate two or more victims. In addition, it would seem Chris Rouse could have easily been led to believe a second copter was soon to be on the scene to pickup his father

OK. I will pose the question to Mr. Chowdhury. The technical diving community at their level is very small and for the most part tight so I am not really expecting much of an answer but I am often wrong... By the way, every since you acquired that expensive box you have been scarce yourself! :)

I know this is a dated post, but did you ever get an answer about the discrepancy between Shadow Divers and Last Dive?

I have read Last Dive and Shadow Divers. Both are excellent reads. I wish the Rouses had planned differently. It's sad that they both lost their lives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom