Just got back from the Brac - lots of info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Martin and Liesel saved our dive trip last August! We had a blast on the fishing boat and Martin is not only a great dive master but an extremely interesting individual. We also learned a lot about the island as well from him. We took down our own equip. but all his rental gear is brand new as well as the tanks and compressors. On one dive he used nitrox so he could stay awake and we got to smell bad air, from a compressor he told us was talked about being replaced six years ago. He rented the tank next door. My wife joked they were trying to take out the competition....Maybe the competition will up Brac reefs game and attitude.

We had such a good time at the Brac Scuba Shack we will be back in Aug2013.

Stayed at Seafan Meadows, will be going back there as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What are the "mechanics" of a shore dive - how do you transport tanks? Do you take a guide and they meet you with tanks, or do you have a rental car/truck (a la Bonaire)?

I can't speak about others but we did a shore dive from Scott's dock with Martin. We met him there and he had all our gear and tanks on his truck. We also had a rental van that came with our villa. The first dive was great and had to snorkel a good distance out but then we did get to the wall. The 2nd was to the wreck and the reef was in the worst shape of all the dives we did. Martin led us, thankfully as our nav. skills are still not very good.

What are the "mechanics" of a shore dive - how do you transport tanks? Do you take a guide and they meet you with tanks, or do you have a rental car/truck (a la Bonaire)?

Sorry I disappeared - I stopped getting notifications LOL

As for a shore dive, we rent a small wagon type car (Caldina) and haul 4 tanks around our whole trip. We gather insight from others about sites and then just go hunting.

Some sites you can park 8' from the ladder, others you have to carry your gear a bit.

Greatest frustration can be A) terrain B) urchins (just until you get away from the shore)

---------- Post Merged at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Great video. I love how the groupers waited, and actually begged, for a speared lionfish.

It's nuts - they had no interest (that I saw) 4 years ago

[h=5]I live on the Brac and 99% of my dives are from the shore. Most are entry from a boat ramp, ladder or cut. Others are very easy entry if you have hard sole booties. Martin and Leisel are now on line and offering boat diver. You can check them out at bracscubashack.com. Come for a visit and if the weather permits you are in for a thrill of south side shore diving. There is plenty of housing. Brac Reef Resort, Alexanders, and check out VRBO for incredible private accommodations for large and small groups. Hope to see you here soon.
Christa
[/h]

Check this out!!!!

Brac Scuba Shack Promo Video - very fun!

Yup, Martin now has his shop open ... and with a diveboat too. Prices are slightly less than Reef Divers for both the basics as well as Nitrox tanks.

They're located on the southside at the Kidco dock (same building that DDDD rental car is in), near Carib Sands and what's left of the Teinmouth Electron trimaran.

-hh

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom