Just got back

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NSMEDIC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just got back from Cozumel and I must say I have never dove warm tropical waters before, and it was amazing!! My wife and I stayed at the Fiesta Americana which was built for divers. The only downside is that the occupancy was down so they had no nightly entertainment. After 2 days of snorkeling and laying by the side of the pool we decided it was time to dive. We dove with Dive House Cozumel for the only reason is that they had a shop right on the resort. We were impressed, my wife is just Open water certified with aprox 12 dives under her belt. I am PADI Rescue and have been diving for 13 years now. We felt extremely safe and comfortable with the DM. The first day was pretty easy as the other divers were farely nw divers like my wife, so we stuck to a max depth of 60ft. I have never seen more marine life like that, saw eagle rays, 6-7 sea turtles, a moray eel, the only thing we didn't see was a reef or nurse shark. This also was also m first drift dive which was crazy fun.
So after the experience we decided to do a second dive day (would have done more but the harbour was closed for one day due to weather and high winds) Our DM "FLASH" took us to Santa Anna which was a wall dive at a max depth of 80ft and we were so comfortable in the water swimming through the tunnels and I didn't know what he was doing but he killed a baby lionfish and fed it to a grouper I think, so it followed us around for the rest of the dive. There we saw a lot fo the same marine life. Then we went to Paradise Reef which was a nice shallow dive at a max depth of 50ft and the only thing different was a sea horse which was cool.
We had a great trip and when I told my five year old when we got home he told me he wants to SCUBA dive with us too (our son is part fish so this doesn't surprise me at all)
:D

sounds like you are about to become a coz regular. glad you enjoyed it. always nice to hear from someone who just discovered tropical diving at its best.

Thank you for the review!! Glad y'all had a great time!!!

a new family member!! that's what we like!!

I stayed with FA and dove Dive House several years ago and it was very good then too. DMs very very safety conscious. I was quite impressed with their operation. I did get tired of the buffet and went to town a lot. The staff at FA was also very friendly and on top of things.

Our DM "FLASH" took us to Santa Anna which was a wall dive at a max depth of 80ft and we were so comfortable in the water swimming through the tunnels
Santa Rosa, maybe?

Nice report; I only have one question: Why did it take you two days to start diving? :D

Of course we are dreaming about the return trip already. In fact (old camera) I have three rolls of dive pics to get developed in my coat pocket right now. As soon as we finish getting another 60cms of snow this weekend. This time we are going to take the kids with us. Along with buying a housing for the digital camera!!
Also was going listen to your show sharky ( I believe you were even giving away a prize for those on the island) but never got around to it.
Next time though we are flying direct into Coz. the whole bag drag was expensive and tiring/time consuming.

Medic,
Please tell me about the bag drag... I take it you flew into Cancun and then ground transported to Coz.....

I'm doing the same thing in May....$843 to CZM versus $500 to CUN per person was just to good to pass up....... tell me what you did, and what you would do differently!

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom