Just got scuba certified trying to plan first dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steven896s

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone ever been to boynton beach fl diving if so how is it and can you recommened any dive charters or anywhere else in south fl to dive i am going with my wife and she wants to go to shallow reef less than 50 feet thanks

Steve: I've dove Boynton a few times and most of the reefs are more like 60 feet: a good operator is Underwater Explorers: the owner, Kevin, is a scubaboard member. You can call his boat operation and find out if I am wrong and if there are reefs closer to 50 feet. If you let him know that you are a new diver, you can probably arrange for an in-water dive guide.

A little south of Boynton is Pompano which has a lot of reefs less than 50 feet. Some of the nicest shallow reefs I've dove are at the Pompano Drop Off area and the Nursury. These are 25-30 feet reefs.

Dive Operators in Pompano include South Florida Dive Headquarters, Pompano Dive Center and Scubatyme.

I'm sure other SB'ers will chime in with their favorites as well. I've been on the above 4 boats and have had good experiences on all of them.

Has anyone ever been to boynton beach fl diving if so how is it and can you recommened any dive charters or anywhere else in south fl to dive i am going with my wife and she wants to go to shallow reef less than 50 feet thanks

In Boynton, I think the best charter is http://www.diveboyntonbeach.com But most of Boynton reef diving I've seen is 50-65' deep. Is your wife flexible on that?

In Pompano, I really enjoy diving with Miss Conduct Charters.

In general, I think six-pack boats offer the best experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've gone with Splashdown out of Boynton.

Splashdown Divers - Palm Beach County, Florida - Scuba Diving Boats and Charters - PADI Scuba Diving Certification - Serving West Palm Beach, Boynton Beach, Highland Beach, Delray Beach, Boca Raton, Florida.

If you have someone to go with you also have quite a few places that you can go beach diving. Lauderdale by the sea seems to be pretty popular, and I've been to both Hollywood Beach and Dania Pier (you actually dive about 100 yards north of the pier) and both are great.

Thanks alot im going to check out pompano is there anywhere around there where i can shore dive and any other suggestions on the best dive charter there so i can compare a couple thanks

Steve:

I don't usually dive from a boat in Pompano because of the reef off the shore area. The reef is about 1/4 to 1/2 mile out to the mooring bouys. I prefer to make the swim and dive it. However I know the people from Scubatyme is a good group to dive with and nice people.

Chase

Steve,

Got this info from JASA's website ( https://www.scuba-adventures.com/palmbeach_sites.php )

Palm Beach dive sites

1. Snapper Reef — This beautiful 25ft. deep reef is known for the abundance of snapper and many juvenile tropical fish.
2. Ballentine's Reef — This unique 25ft. deep reef is made up of three holes of 30ft. to 40ft. in diameter. A 2ft. to 3ft. ledge lines the perimeter of the holes. There is a lot of marine life!
3. Cable Crossing — An excellent 25ft. deep reef. Communication cables cross the reef at the north and south end. Large numbers of tropical species can be found here and other unique creatures such as guitarfish (aka guitar shark) and sharp—tail eels. This spot is commonly used for open water training dives as well. It's not just a great first dive but a spot to be enjoyed anytime.
4. Pink House — This 15ft. deep reef is a great place to spend time snorkeling while off gassing between dives. It frequently has large nurse sharks and schooling fish.

Steve,

Got this info from JASA's website ( https://www.scuba-adventures.com/palmbeach_sites.php )

Palm Beach dive sites

1. Snapper Reef — This beautiful 25ft. deep reef is known for the abundance of snapper and many juvenile tropical fish.
2. Ballentine's Reef — This unique 25ft. deep reef is made up of three holes of 30ft. to 40ft. in diameter. A 2ft. to 3ft. ledge lines the perimeter of the holes. There is a lot of marine life!
3. Cable Crossing — An excellent 25ft. deep reef. Communication cables cross the reef at the north and south end. Large numbers of tropical species can be found here and other unique creatures such as guitarfish (aka guitar shark) and sharp—tail eels. This spot is commonly used for open water training dives as well. It's not just a great first dive but a spot to be enjoyed anytime.
4. Pink House — This 15ft. deep reef is a great place to spend time snorkeling while off gassing between dives. It frequently has large nurse sharks and schooling fish.

That's interesting, I've never heard of any of these sites: I wonder if any dive operators go to them often. I've heard of 'Cable Crossing' but it is deeper and part of the Breakers deep system: the site I am familiar with is probably the same telecommunication cable mentioned in JASA's site: just further east.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom