Just got the Fusion "WOW"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phil,

I have been looking at the fusion for the last few weeks as I really want a good drysuit for the winter months. Let us know how it does in the water.

I am going to try to go to the pool tomorrow, if you want to go, and check it out. I got mine from Mike at Dive Right In Scuba up near Chicago. He is a member on this board and will make you a great deal if you want one...

Phil

Oh, I like the pull tabs on the pockets! What a great idea. It's always a challenge for me to find the edge of the pocket flap to get it open, when I'm wearing heavy gloves.

Let's see . . . $330 for the skin, $120 for the pockets -- Shoot, that's buying another half drysuit :( It will have to wait a while, I'm afraid.

Let's see . . . $330 for the skin, $120 for the pockets -- Shoot, that's buying another half drysuit :( It will have to wait a while, I'm afraid.

Yeah, I thought the $300 was for the skin with pockets . . .

It is pretty cool that White's solicited our feedback and then followed it.

I'll be getting a tech skin when it is available.

I second that! I'm very impressed, not only that feedback was asked for and listened to, but that it was brought to market in that short a timeframe.

Yeah, I thought the $300 was for the skin with pockets . . .

I think that having to buy the tech skin and pockets as an add-on option to the standard suit with lycra skin negates some of the cost attractiveness of the suit. If I might offer one more piece of feedback, it would be to allow customers to buy the suit with tech skin and pockets instead of the base lycra skin. The added advantage to this would be that if a p-valve is also ordered, the tech skin would hopefully come with the hole pre-cut for the p-valve (I'm assuming that if one were to buy the tech skin as an add-on it would not come with p-valve hole cut in it).

Thanks again Tyler. I look forward to trying the suit in in Monterey in a few weeks.

-John

I kind of thought the same thing. I would not pay $330 for a 1mm wetsuit. I really did not think that they would be nearly that expensive, nor did I think that the pockets would be quite that high.

I do think that they did a great job on the pockets.

I have gone without pockets for this long, I am sure I can make due for a while longer.

Phil

I agree....I was thinkin the tech skin would be more in the $100-$200 price range. The reason the pockets are a little high is that includes 2 pockets installed, so that to me isnt to unreasonable.....

Im hoping to try and get you guys some deals on the tech skin..... PM me if your interested :wink:.....

I'm not quite sure where the $330 came from....but FULL MSRP is $300.....

All deets will be released today.

Until the next dive,
Tyler

Well I just got in the water with it last night and I really love it. It was just in the pool but it was so much nicer than the suit I was diving before. I did end up wet though, I just could not figure out if it was pool water or sweat. I was certainly sweating in the pool because the water was so warm and I was wearing all my undergarments so that I could try to get the lead figured out. My base layer did not seam wet but the outer layer defintely was wet. It is kind of hard to tell becuase my hands were wet. Hopefully it is just sweat. I will find out in a few weeks when I can finally get it in the lake where the water temp will be in the low 40's.

All in all I love the suit so far.

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom