Just had to share :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Scheduled delivery on my Olympus 5060 is tomorrow. Unfortunately, it will sit at work until Wednesday evening, when I'll be getting back from New Orleans(for business) - ugh!

That'll leave me with about 2 evenings to get the hang of it before I head out to central FL for the springs this weekend. I'm planning on having alot of crummy shots to chalk up to learning experience! - Arg!

Waiting is pure torture, isn't it! The best way to learn is to shoot until your fingers bleed! :wink:

Congrats! To help speed up the learning curve take a look at the posting 5060 settings - there are more like it that might help too.

It's a good camera, have fun with it :)

SuPrBuGmAn:
Scheduled delivery on my Olympus 5060 is tomorrow. Unfortunately, it will sit at work until Wednesday evening, when I'll be getting back from New Orleans(for business) - ugh!

That'll leave me with about 2 evenings to get the hang of it before I head out to central FL for the springs this weekend. I'm planning on having alot of crummy shots to chalk up to learning experience! - Arg!
WOOHOO! You're gonna love your oly! Just don't forget the insurance :wink:

Welp, the camera beat me to work today, so I'll have it in New Orleans to tinker around with in the hotel room.

Thanks for the link orangeBloke, I printed out the thread to read and try out this evening or the next.

alcina - I'll definately be posting pictures, whether they are good or not - either way, some of you vets will be able to point me to the way of improvement.

Peter Schulz has some great info on the Splashdown Divers site. Not just settings, he covers just about everything.

HTH

SuPrBuGmAn:
Welp, the camera beat me to work today, so I'll have it in New Orleans to tinker around with in the hotel room. ...
Welcome to the OLY family - leave wallet at the door :D .

Thanks SeaYoda :) The initial investment was enough to make me light-headed... I'm going to have to check myself into a hospital when I start looking at strobes and WALs, ect

That link was very helpfull Dee, thanks tons!

Here's my first attempt with the camera, well... other than the lampshade in the hotel room the past few days.
Spider2.sized.jpg

This is just WAY too much fun!

Back
Top Bottom