Just Joined

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cudachaser

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi Everyone....

I'm Joe from Cocoa Beach, Florida...Been around
a while...diver for 36 years...Master Instructor etc

Into to U/W photography & video

Full time I'm a real rocket scientist (Work for NASA @ Kennedy Space Center

Other hobbies are surfing and hanging @ the beach

Married & have 2 teenage boys....everyone's a water rat.

Hi Joe,

Welcome aboard! It's always nice to have another veteran diver around and a rocket scientist to boot. You never know when you will need one of those. hehe.

If there is anything you need, just let me know.

Cheers,

Heya Joe,

Would you happen to know Dr. Michael Powell (who is currently with NASA in its Medical Sciences Division and the head of the research group devoted to the mitigation of decompression sickness during extravehicular activity, aka, "spacewalks" at the Johnson Space Center in Houston)?

Michael R. Powell, Ph.D.
Head, SD3/ Environmental Physiology/Biophysics Group

He will be joining us here on these forums to help answer some questions concerning technical issues and decompression. Does any of your work in any way relate to scuba diving or something similiar to Dr. Powells?

Hi Blossie,

Welcome aboard! If there is anything I can do for you, just let me know.

Cheers,

Heya blossie,

Welcome to the board ... You mentioned to you were in the UK , what's the diving like there or do you dive abroad?

great to get some replys !

well the diving in the uk can be great, despite the cold weather, and the not so brilliant viz, there are some fabulous wrecks, and we also have pretty gullies, and drop offs.

so whats the diving like where u guys are ?

ps i found this site with a link from the diving daisy home page.

Hello blossie,

We are here in San Diego where the diving is fun but a short boat ride to Catalina Island is the life!

The diving on Catalina Island is truely world class, and much of the waters there are considered a National Reserve so the diving is kept very pristine.

Btw, Diving Daisy has some really funny T-shirts dont they? hehe

=-)

hey king

so how often do you get to dive there then, and what do you see. I have just spent the weekend in diving, the water temp was about 17c, and the air temp was 19c. viz was about 4m. Despite that we still had 4 really good dives.

Where else have you dived ?
I have dived the red sea twice, and australia once.

Back
Top Bottom