Just one!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lots of good advice. I see some can't resist the urge to give more than ONE. LOL!! It's all good.

So far, there's nothing that I've seen that's made me think .... "wow, I never thought about that". I guess that's a good thing, and shows that my instructor was a good teacher (ok, I'll pat myself on the back here ....) and that I'm a good student! :wink:

Keep them coming.

EDIT: forgot this one, find a dive buddy you can rely on!

I'm going to start a new thread about this, because I do have questions on this. Thanks!

There's nothing down there worth dying to see. Dive safely.

Dont be stupid today and you'll have tomorrow.

(dad always told me that :) )

:no Never minimize or show lack of respect of the inherent risk of diving. IE. DCS, embolisms, heart attack, drowning, etc.

I never let the risk keep me from enjoying the sport, in fact I am most passionate about it, but, I think it was about my 50th dive that risk of diving finally set in. With that change of attitude I am confident that I have become a safer, and much better diver.

BTW, maybe a quick way to understand what I am saying is to read "Shadow Divers". Too many good and experianced divers perished on that wreck.

Anyway, good and safe diving.

Dave

Dont be stupid today and you'll have tomorrow.

(dad always told me that :) )

That can apply to any part of life!

Thanks everyone for your input/insights! That's one thing I have already noticed about diving ... the community is a very warm and welcoming one! Probably part of the reason I'm hooked!

when it comes to new divers... the "rules" aren't suggestions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom