Just Picked Up My New TLS350

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaVideo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I just got home from my NSLDS (not so local dive store) after picking up my TLS350. It is such a different experience than putting on a 7mm wetsuit. I'm really looking forward to the orientation class - possibly this Wednesday!

The most difficult part of this process is trying on the thermals and doffing and donning the suit multiple times - I'm exhausted now! And that was without the Zip Seals installed.

I can foresee the biggest issue for me and many others from what I have read will be to stay cool before and between dives. A Zip Seal type system that allowed one to remove them between dives (like dry glove quick disconnect systems) would probably be pretty helpful. Hope you guys are working on one, because I will buy into that big-time.

I've read on the DUI site about a necklace to help with this on the neck, but I have not seen one pictured on the site or seen it in the dive store. Do you have any pictures of one? How does it work?

The more you dive dry and warm you will find that it is a pleasure also after a few dozen dives it will become second nature as far as donning the equipment and thermals. Overheating on a warm day prior to the dive leave the zipper open as long as possible. Also a technique that works is pouring water over your head with putting on your hood one of the last things.

Enjoy

Between dives you just slip the top half of the suit off, tucking the sleeves into the suspenders to keep them from dragging on the ground.

Between dives you just slip the top half of the suit off, tucking the sleeves into the suspenders to keep them from dragging on the ground.

Yup - what he said.

Hi ScubaVideo,

This is Kathy with DUI. Congratulations on your new DUI! That is so awesome.

You mentioned the necklace for the neck seal. I work off site but will try and get a photo taken. This is basically tubbing that goes around the neck. You can fold the neck seal over the tubbing. The benefit to this is that it keeps the seal off the neck and for some divers this is much more confortable. This is for topside only. The perfect scenario for using a necklace is a stand-by safety diver that must be suited up and ready to get in the water. A diver that is in cold topside conditions and wants to stay suited up.

As for keeping cool when donning. Yes this can be a challenge on warm days. I like to get all my equipment ready to go before getting dressed. Once I get dressed and the zipper closed I like to put cool water on my head and hood. Finish dressing and get in the water.

If you EVER have any questions please let us know.

Welcome to DOGs! DUI Owners Group!

Kathy

Back
Top Bottom