Just pulled the trigger on a RX100 - Waiting patiently by the mailbox.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

00wabbit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
When I went looking for a new compact to replace my broken Canon s90 and compliment my heavy DSLR kit I heard that Sony had something I should take a look at.

Today I pull the trigger. I got the Ikelite housing and dual handle tray because I didn't want to break the bank at the moment and I want to have some money left over for a wide angle lens.

Now I'm just waiting patiently until Thursday for it to arrive.

I've just jumped from the G11 to the RX100 and there is definitely a learning curve to go through. Lay out, ergonomics, menu is not nearly as good as the Canon, BUT when you get everything right, the picture quality is AMAZING!!
Not only will you need a WA lens you will also need a macro lens.
I still have 3 months to get used to it before my next dive trip.
Enjoy!

I think the canon menu is a bit easier too, but really I don't use much of it with my Rx100. I shoot in manual with instant access to aperture & shutter speed w/the front and rear dials. ISO programmed 2nd or 3rd in line under Fn button..that's about all I use.

I came across the Inon UWL-H100 + dome on the boards recently, but probably wont get to dive with it until June, which is a bit of a bummer!

Local diving is low viz, silty, etc...not much to take photo of either. June is first trip to blue water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom