just thinking...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paintsnow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hello im just wondering if you guys dive with computer and if so what kind/model
wireless air monitering?
i might be totoally off i dont know too much about computers but im know im going to need one for regular OC and am wondering if i will be able to use it with rebreathers in the futures
thank you for your help

VR3 seems to be the choice of nearly all the RB guys I know. But there is no wireless monitoring. It would be rather pointless.

paintsnow:
hello im just wondering if you guys dive with computer and if so what kind/model
wireless air monitering?
i might be totoally off i dont know too much about computers but im know im going to need one for regular OC and am wondering if i will be able to use it with rebreathers in the futures
Rebreather divers can use dive computers (as well as tables) made for open circuit, they're less efficient and some care must be taken as the gas in the loop varies from the gas in the tank(s).

There are several dive computers made for use with rebreathers, either semi-closed (premixed gas) or closed circuit (mixing dil and O2 in the loop to maintain a set pO2).

For SCR use the Uwatec Aladin ZO2 is quite popular. The wireless pressure transducer is replaced by the wireless pO2 monitor Oxy2 that monitors the actual O2 in the loop. The pO2 as well as the calculated fO2 is then displayed on the computer and used for NDL/deco calculations. The ZO2/Oxy2 were designed for use with the Dräger Dolphin, and adapters are available for the Dräger Ray and OMG Azimuth SCRs.

AfaIk that is the only wireless implementation available for rebreathers.
The other option is an O2 sensor placed in the loop and wired to the computer. Again the pO2 is monitored and used for calculations. Available for SCR and CCR. DeltaP has the VR2 (nitrox and normoxic trimix) and VR3 (full trimix), Shearwater the Shearwater GF (full trimix), Hydrospace the Explorer (full trimix). All of them allow the use of O2 cells to monitor the loop, all of them do OC and CC deco calculations, all of them can be switched from RB to OC for bailout (and back) underwater.

Cochran has computers that can do both, but can't be switched uw nor can they use an O2 cell to calculate with the actual pO2 in the loop.

Ambient Pressure sells the Buddy (nitrox) which isn't O2 integrated either.

Last but not least some CCRs already have deco software standard or optional, like the Ouroboros, Optima and AP Vision CCRs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom