just wondering?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TaMe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
howdy,

I haven't yet got my OW certificate because i have broken my thum, it will be fine by next week but i was just wondering if it was worth wile doing a try dive course befor i get my licence?

Yeah... many of those "try it" dives are in reality "trust me" dives and I hate those! There are usually too many divers per instructor. Take the real course: you'll be safer in the long run. Of course, while your thumb is healing, take advantage to really reading the book and of course you can always check out this really cool site I found: www.ScubaBoard.com!!! I hear it's really jammers! :D

Thanks,
i'll try get down to the dive shop soon and get some books.
and skip the try dive course, it was $120 anyway:14:

Well, too many of them are, but at least you have had a few opportunities to learn skills and the theory behind...no?

David P:
yeah and those 5 check out dives are anything but "trust me" dives right?
You betcha. In my classes my students become proficient in a pool first. If they can't do the skills needed they don't do the dives.

If an instructor commands excellence from the beginning, they will turn out excellent students.

is it a good idea to have hade atleast one dive under my belt befor i do the OW certificate? just to if diving is or isn't for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom