Juvenile Emperor Angelfish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim:
Koh Bida, Thailand.

We've dived the same spot! Although I've only dived there in bad visibility and no juvenile emperor angelfishes. I have seen some at the Similans, but never had luck with camera to capture one. Actually I don't even have a good pic of an adult emperor. Plenty of *** pictures as those fellas tend to turn just as I'm shooting but no face shots or sideshots with eyes. Maybe on the next trip I'll get lucky :)

kapula:
Plenty of *** pictures as those fellas tend to turn just as I'm shooting but no face shots or sideshots with eyes.
Last year I tried with another one - my best shot then was some kind of blue smudge! For me this fish is in the same league as that little yellow with black spots (boxfish?) number...still haven't managed to get it although I've tried two years running now. At least I got a few ghost pipefish this year! They are hard to focus on, but at least they don't move around like the juv.angel and the yellow boxfish (I think that's what that yellow one is!)

I've been lucky with those juvenile boxfishes.. ones with black dots on yellow base. If you are still in Thailand I've seen them every time I've dived Richeliou rock. It mite be that season is over already but if there are some liveaboards going there you propably find a few of those little boxfishes. They tend to be shy aswell and since they can't really swim, it's more like they drift in the current/waves, it's tricky to get a nice composition. Because of this those little fellas look soooo cute :)

Moon are you sure its not a juvenile blue lined angel??

Kim:
Well it's the best I got! :D Focus isn't quite perfect and particles could be edited out - plus it's one sided with the flash.

It's a hard fish to get a good shot of though. (at least for me) They are very skittish.

(why did you remove your picture Mike?)

That's really nice Kim.
If you don't have a strobe and are in relatively shallow water with good light, you could try manually setting wb with the flash off and take that pic.

You'd be suprised on how vibrant the colors will be :)

The juvenile Emperor Angelfish is a very skittish fish. So far I have only got one shot of it, and a mighty bad shot it was....just wasn't my day....cos my batteries went dead after that shot.:banghead:

KoranAngelFish02.jpg

Back
Top Bottom