jvc gc-fm1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

antonanton73

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just bought a jvc picasa video camera and an ikelite housing. was wondering if anyone has used this setup and what kind of results you had? also should i purchase the wide angle lense for it? Mahalo

Great outfit for price - I needed to learn to hold steady Be aware, the 1080P 30 fps HD could overwhelm your current computer and software. I think I am going to shoot more in 720 60fps HD to capture action. Look at my photo albums and there is a whole album of still "camera" shots from my Picsio here on Scubaboard. (click the "photos:" on the left under stats)

All shots were using the red filter that came with the Ikelite housing - haven't tried the wide angle (do I need it? - see video)

Check out these links: Home Page

Home Page

Home Page Be sure to see the "Twin Peaks" here and check out the color.

Home Page

Some of the iterations are from my trying different software. Look at all these clips, some are "squished" by the upload site because of the 16:9 format.

Also, search YouTube for "websterwb"

Takes great video of the grandkids too. It's so small they don't realize they are being videoed.

Good luck (I'm serious about the computer issues - you probably need a quad core 64 bit machine)

Last edited:
the vids are really good. im a beginner at this video thing so we will see how it goes. Do you have an editing program that you recommend to use? Thanks for the tips!

Not to give a short answer but the editing program depends on computer. CPU, OS, video card yes/no (not brand). Nero 9 (not the new multimedia 10 - it somehow doesn't import the sound from my JVC) is a great program for a fairly fast dual core windows PC. Unfortunately, Movie Maker doesn't work with .mov (H.264) files the JVC outputs. There are much more knowledgeable folks than me, I'm still trying to process all the video I took on Kwaj.

I shot it at night with the Picsio on the 1080p (30fps) setting. I compressed it way done in QT for easier uploading. On the original, you can really see the crab (dinner) that tries and fails to get away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom