Kansas man dies diving Bonne Terre

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And the dives are set up with the dive leader in front. safety diver in the rear. The herd, oops, customer swim together in a cluster f()& between them. The water is cold and I was not used to that much neoprene and had a bit of bouyancy troubles myself. In our group of six divers two left after the first dive, too cold and not fun for them. A third diver was kicked out after he showed he was unable to control his bouyancy. The last three of us soldiered on. The dive was rushed, Kicking hard the entire dive just to keep up. Air supply was good but at the end of the dive I am sure I was suffering from hypthoxia. I have heard from others that divers are pushed through as fast as possible especially on the last dive of the day (Which was the dive I was in on).
After you complete the dives they will sign and stamp your log book. You must do the dives in sequence and I guess the signatures/stamps let them know where you are at next time you come through.
I have know idea what happened to the deceased diver but my experience there has convinced me there are plenty of opportunities for things to go bad.

Back
Top Bottom