Kauai recomendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will Rogers

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Heading off to the North shore of Kauai in a few weeks. Thinking about bringing the dive gear (will have 2 small kids with us). Would appreciate any recomendations or referrals for operators or locations. Thanks much!

Will Rogers

You should post this in the "Hawaii O'Hana" forum -- under North America, then United Sates, then Hawaii O'Hana. (Just a few forums down from Australia & the Pacific Islands. You should get plenty of responses there!

In the winter, the best (and possibly only) Kauai diving is going to be from the south shore, the Poipu Beach area. The north shore is too rainy. I visited to Kauai in March a few years ago -- and rented gear -- and would recommend Fathom Five and SeaSport, both in Poipu Beach.

I'd recommend Bubbles Below. I think they do a really good job.

I dove with Bubbles Below last February and they did a good job. This time of year you will be diving on the South Shore as the waves on the North Shore are left to the expert surfers not divers. I found the sea life to be very good in Kauai, Frogfish, Lionfish, alot of butterfly's and other fish as well as a lot of Turtles. This was much better than the dives I did on the Big Island two years before. Enjoy!

justleesa:
You'll get more answers here :D...Larry oh Laaarrrryyyyy?!?!
Bubbles Below is a good choice. I spent a goodly part of the summer there working with Sacred Seas doing shore dives at Tunnels and Koloa Landing. But Julie is closed down for her vacation right now [I think - Check out their website and see!] We got air fills at Sea Sports, another good choice. With the surf I'd be expecting right now, a visit to Koloa Landing or a close in boat dive like Sheraton Caverns [both in the South] would be excellent.

Do a search in Hawaii O'Hana on "Kauai" and you'll find lots of advice, most of it good! Here's one of the threads I found easily - http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=113025

In the meantime - to Lisa, and the rest of the family - a belated Mele Kalikimaka and all the best for the New Year!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom