Kayak Dive, Fort Lauderdale, Saturday October 20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver

Livin' the dream
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
A couple of us from Kayuba are planning to meet up for a kayak dive at 7:30 a.m. this coming Saturday.

We dive just north of Sunrise Boulevard on A-1-A. About the time you get alongside of the first condo on the left, look for cars with yak racks on the right. Park where you can...parking is free all day long but you need to get there early to get a spot!!

Interactive map here. Everyone is welcome...even if you are just curious about kayak diving, come on by and see our boats and how we rig them.

Thanks for asking! Our monthly meeting is next Monday at UnderSeas Sports. There is a marine archaeologist lined up for the speaker, sounds fascinating!

I haven't dived with them in a while, the seas have been too rough!! There may have been a nice weekend day or two, but I had other non-diving commitments.

I detest my wetsuit and it really doesn't keep me warm anyway, so I might not get back into the water until May. I'll be taking advantage of many non-diving kayaking opportunities, though.

I hear ya Debby. I dove last weekend, water temp was 68-69 F and I was COLD. I was wearing a 5mm one peice with a 3mm hooded shorty under and still cold. When I moved to sunny FLA, it never occured to me that 5mm wouldn't be enough so I'm stuck with three choices: winter golf (which I suck at), 7 mm wetsuit (which makes me feel like the kid in christmas story in the snow suit) or, and I never thought I'd consider this option, a drysuit <gasp>.

Thanks for asking! Our monthly meeting is next Monday at UnderSeas Sports. There is a marine archaeologist lined up for the speaker, sounds fascinating!

I haven't dived with them in a while, the seas have been too rough!! There may have been a nice weekend day or two, but I had other non-diving commitments.

I detest my wetsuit and it really doesn't keep me warm anyway, so I might not get back into the water until May. I'll be taking advantage of many non-diving kayaking opportunities, though.

The cold water won't slow me down... but, I dive dry as soon as the water dips below 80... I don't like being cold.

I did get to do some above water kayaking this weekend. My kids school did a river cleanup in the Eau Gallie river. I paddled it on Monday to do a recon run... (figure out the areas that needed the most trash picked up), and on Saturday we did the cleanup. We had a good time. Riley took my Prowler, and I had the Ride.

One thing I will do is put scupper plugs in the cockpit of the Prowler. That water was cold.

BRRRRRR well a drysuit is so far out of my budget, I dive a lot in the summer and I figure I don't live in Kansas where I can't dive most summer weekends so I'll spend the winter bicycling and kayaking. OOOOOOH thanks for the reminder of scupper plugs, I am SO glad I have some!!! Good on you to do the cleanup, with a kayak you can really get right up there in the roots to get ugly trash!

GOOD Kayuba meeting tonight, great speaker, we had refreshments and even a free raffle! I sure do love my club!

Debby if you don't mind it would be nice if you would post regularly to keep everyone up on kayuba and what is going on with them. Since this forum is dedicated to kayak diving maybe we can get it added as a sticky.

Debby if you don't mind it would be nice if you would post regularly to keep everyone up on kayuba and what is going on with them. Since this forum is dedicated to kayak diving maybe we can get it added as a sticky.

Yeah! I'll second that. I'd love to get down there for a meeting. It's just difficult to drive 2 1/2 hours after working all day.

One of these days, they'll have a meeting on one of my days off.

Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom