kayak Diving - How Seasonal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't go so far from shore that I can't swim back, besides I check each time to see how the wear is going. Since it mostly gets dragged over estuary mud which is slippery, rather than gritty beach sand, the wear is negligible. If it's being used over gritty surfaces, it's light enough to carry to the water rather than drag over the sand. If it gets too thin for comfort, I can always slap on some fibreglass.

I dive in RI / MA. I also considered using my kayak for diving but op'ed for a DPV instead. At 2-3 mph it gets me where I want to go and back without paddleing. I leave it clipped to my float and dive without it, using it only for "commuting" to and from the dive site. My dry suit keeps my warm.

tha MA state legislature is due to vote on this today - Bill H00646 in short it means that YEARROUND kayakers and canoeist must WEAR a PFD in MA waters. If you're in MA - call your congress person fast!

We do not have to wear one in California, but must have it on kayak or boat. Many wearing a wetsuit forget to bring them. But it would seem they do not issue a citation for it unless stopped for something else such as drinking, unsafe acts, etc.

We do not have to wear one in California
YET!!!

We also didn't used to have to wear a USCGA vest when wakeboarding, but now you do. In the past I used a competition vest and went to a USCGA vest and found it had more protection.

Back
Top Bottom