Kayak diving questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Lets see where do I even start. When your actually diving(in or under). What do you do with the yak, is it tethered , anchored ?? Then what about donning the b/c. in the water id suspect, weight belt before or after.. Reason Im asking is I prefer the b/c I have without the intergrated weights. And of course dive flag, the floaty one or the full size reg one? If this has been asked before sorry for the inconvinience.

These questions have been ask before, but this forum is to help people, not to tell them to do a topic search. Generally what I do is when I get to the dive site, I drop anchor, sit the teathered and inflated BC over the side, don mask & fins and slide in. Then I don the BC ( if i were using a weight belt, I'd don it after the inflated BC rather than before) then pull up the anchor, setting it in the yak and attach the anchor line to my BC, descent and tow the yak with me. I prefer a full sized dive flag on the yak to using the small flag & float. I'm sure other will give many variations on this, but this is what works for me.

These questions have been ask before, but this forum is to help people, not to tell them to do a topic search. Generally what I do is when I get to the dive site, I drop anchor, sit the teathered and inflated BC over the side, don mask & fins and slide in. Then I don the BC ( if i were using a weight belt, I'd don it after the inflated BC rather than before) then pull up the anchor, setting it in the yak and attach the anchor line to my BC, descent and tow the yak with me. I prefer a full sized dive flag on the yak to using the small flag & float. I'm sure other will give many variations on this, but this is what works for me.

I agree with everything Mote said. Also be aware that if your dive flag is secured in your boat as opposed to being in the water on a float, it MUST be the larger size according to Florida law. I think it's a good idea anyway. The more visable, the better.:D

Thanks guys for the info. Ive been wanting to get to a few spots for stone crabs were taking the boat was overkill. Now if I can con one of the kids for the kayak, or the other one for a wave runner tom I might just get to try this out.

Once again M/M & d/k, thanks for your usefull info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom