Kayak Jeff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny

dirty-finned dive goddess
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was just at Kayak Jeff's in Dania and was told that they no longer are carrying Thule (roof rack products) and all is discounted.

Did they have Hullivators like Debby's?

Stopped by Peter Glenn to look at Wilderness kayaks ... was told that the Oakland Peter Glenn (PG) store has a decent selection of the racks ... most likely of the three PG stores to have a hullivator - which sounds super neat - especially if I acquire the substantially heavier Tarpon 140 or Tarpon 160, while the Boca PG store might have the largest selection of Kayaks ...

Darn, sorry to hear that Jenny. Is he switching to another brand or what? I know the Thule stuff can be purchased online but I do like helping local businesses stay afloat.

I was loving my sweet Hullavator this weekend, kayak camping alone with the little spaniels, the Hullavator made it a piece o' cake!

I bet it did. That is a sweet piece of fun!
I got a roof rack, forget the name. It had 4 hard foam supports with 2 bars. The bars were secured via a strap that hooked onto each end. Nice set up and thought it the perfect solution, but had to take it back cause the doors didn't close right. Ended up getting the Thule system for my car. Just the basic kit aint cheap. There is a fit kit I still ahve to purchase, and the lock kit will cost more. Sheesh!
Jeff isn't thrilled with the way Thule is raising their pricing seeming every day, though he agrees that it is the best out there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom