Keeping the skills up in Sydney

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@mockney checking out both Frog Dive and D2K and both look like good options. Do both have any servicing capabilities too?

I have a BCD that has a stitch I'm looking to get repaired, I need my Apeks regs serviced and also need a used Suunto to be tested too.

If D2K looks like a viable option I think I'd make my $100 back within the year easily and would be good to have a 1 stop shop for everything.

Hey mate,

Yea they both do servicing but I would give them a call with regard to your specific gear. All my kit is Scubapro.

Cheers
Paul

We've dealt with Frog for years and have them do all our service.

Another option not mentioned yet is Snorkel Safari near Bare Island (LaPeruse) not far from the airport. They rent tanks and guide dives at Bare Island. The great thing about BI is the parking is free.. but a premium esp in the summer. Heaps to look at and the geography means there is a good chance of getting in. The island creates a good buffer for conditions from several directions. There are enough dive site options that one of them will be protected enough for entry/exit in most cases unless the seas are really angry!

I've heard of a couple of options:

1. A dive club down on the south coast (St George). Opportunity to connect with fellow divers, access to boats etc which I'm sure are a great idea and probably wouldn't break the bank. I assume these people are all set up though (no tank rental or weights)?
2. A dive shop in Cronulla offers beach dives for tank rentals. I could rent the tank/weights and walk in to the ocean with them.

Anyone with some ideas?
St George Scuba Club is not on the South Coast, it is based in Sydney. As a life member of the club, I can advise that we have members from all over Sydney, but mostly from the southern side, especially The Shire. We dive every weekend and many days during the week.

Where do you live? This would be more important in deciding what is best for you. If you lived at Hornsby (for example), then St George probably would not be best for you. As others have mentioned, most dive shops run free shore dives on Saturday and Sunday for their "members".

We do not rent out tanks or weights, but most members would be willing to loan you these for a while for the cost of the airfill. See the club's web site for more information.

That's good info re St George club. I'm 10 mins outside Penrith out west so it's not a major problem for south or north. North is probably a bit quicker in the car, but south would be less in tolls by a fair margin as M5 has cash back.

@clownfishsydney i was speaking to Paul Pacey and it looks like St George might be the option. Signed up today and looking forward to getting some tanks and getting in to the water.

Thanks for the recommendation, seems like a friendly and welcoming network of divers.

Also pulled the trigger on a Drysuit (crushed Neo Scubapro Everdry 4), so hopefully I can connect with someone that can show me the ropes. Been reading a fair bit on them though so think I'll have it mostly covered but would prefer to go with someone that can show me the tips/tricks.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom