Keeping warm between dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eat food that is high in sugar to give you body a quick jolt of energy to warm itself up. Wool winter hat (touque) and mittens is best. I have dove wet in temperatures near freezing. I get out of my wetsuit quickly (that's the worst part) then I put on lots of layers of clothing. None of the drysuit divers ever have a problem with cold. A matter of fact they are very vocal about how warm and comfortable they are. *******s!

Daner:
Eat food that is high in sugar to give you body a quick jolt of energy to warm itself up. Wool winter hat (touque) and mittens is best. I have dove wet in temperatures near freezing. I get out of my wetsuit quickly (that's the worst part) then I put on lots of layers of clothing. None of the drysuit divers ever have a problem with cold. A matter of fact they are very vocal about how warm and comfortable they are. *******s!
If us drysuit divers are *******s for staying warm and comfy, why are you running around in that cold wetsuit? Come join us, theres always room for another ******* :wink:
:rofl3:

tstormwarning:
My suit really isn't designed for them, but I know that there are some that would still work.

Sure it is, your suit has wrist seals doesn't it? The ring system is basically two hard rubber rings, one larger than the other. The smaller ring goes inside the seal near the start of the seal where it's largest and the larger one goes on the outside on top of the smaller ring trapping the seal in between them. The Viking rings have grooves in them to trap the material tightly, I don't know about the other brands out there. Some have even made this from PVC for what that's worth.

To use the system you place a rubber glove over the now one piece ring and it's a stretch but they fit, then you can secure it with a band that goes around the glove and ring, or not. I don't usually secure mine, but if I wanted to I use a hoover flat belt and secure it with that.

So, the ring system fits almost any suit out there.

cummings66:
What do you mean it's not an option, you can add drygloves to the Viking Extreme, mine has them on it as does my Viking Sport.

I'd suggest the classic ring system as it's more versatile.

For what it's worth, I get the hood off and add air to the suit. It works fine. Do not leave the squeeze on or you'll get cold. If my head is wet I'll towel it off, short hair dries very fast no matter what the temp.

"Get dry gloves if a new suit isn't an option" :D What I meant was I highly recommend a suit with an attached latex hood to keep your head dry but I don't think you can add latex hoods to most suits. The dry gloves are an option and make a big difference whether your head is wet or dry, sorry I wasn't clear on that.
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom