Key Largo update - question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

F106A

Contributor
Reaction score
NJ, GSP Exit 36 (24,000' from the Atlantic)
# of dives
500 - 999
I'll be heading south to Key Largo early on Sunday, 6/1. Has the road work between Florida City and Key Largo been causing any delays? And, what's the latest report on sea lice in the Key Largo area?
TIA,
Jack

I always take Card Sound myself and happen to be in the Keys now - not sure about road work status. No problems here with sea lice on dives for the past 3 days.

I'll be heading south to Key Largo early on Sunday, 6/1. Has the road work between Florida City and Key Largo been causing any delays? And, what's the latest report on sea lice in the Key Largo area?
TIA,
Jack

I wouldn't expect the project to cause you any grief early on a Sunday morning :)

Just as you are getting off the turnpike, call 511 on your cell phone.

First ask it for "Overseas Highway" then ask it for "Card Sound Road". If things are really backed up, they will tell you.

Thanks all for the info. I don't expect a 7AM +/- problem Sunday. And please hold off on the sea lice until after 6/3.
P.S. DebbY with a "Y": Thanks for that 511 number.

TIA,
Jack

I've driven down to Key Largo twice in the last week of so. On Tuesday, May the 20th, the new bridge was still closed. I then drove down this weekend, on Saturday, May the 24th for the Memorial Weekend, and found the bridge open.

The new bridge only has one lane in each direction open this weekend and did cause a bit of bottle-necking when approaching the bridge. This became even more evident when returning on Monday afternoon, because the main highway bottle-necks from two lanes down to one when leaving the keys, which only added to the usual traffic of vehicles leaving the Keys after a long weekend. It probably took us approximately 30 minutes to drive the three miles or so, from our hotel to the bridge.

Just assume that it may take you a bit longer to leave the Keys than normal and you should be ok.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom