Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been out with Rainbow Reef, and Ocean Divers. Both were good (and I've heard good things about the others).

The Tropical Voyager with Rainbow was a larger boat than I wanted (I'd prefer a six-pack, and a few of the above mentioned ops can give you that).

I have to second Brent at Blue Water Divers. Also check out the HMS minnow, great little six pack.

On my last trip to Key Largo both Blue Water and HMS Minnow were booked so we dove with Rainbow Reef. Overall a good experience but the dives were kinda crowded on a couple trips and the guys running the desk always seemed a little lost and unorganized.

Go with Ocean Divers esp if you are so close to them at the Ramada...their boat will even go out in conditions that the smaller boats don't.

Cheers.

-J.-

Ocean or Horizon. You can't go wrong with either.

We are staying at the Ramada in Key Largo in May and there are 3 dive operators right there, Ocean Divers, Horizon and Rainbow Reef. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Ocean Divers for a big boat; they'll go out with two divers and have a published schedule. HMS Minnow for a 6-pack, hands down, just across the canal from the Ramada. Been with Horizon, Rainbow Reef and Scuba Do (by Ocean Divers). Not out with Bluewater yet. Of those four I'd recommend/try, in this order, Bluewater, Scuba Do ("10-pack"), Horizon then RR. Up the road ~three miles-Quiescence (6-packs). Down the road ~9 miles-Conch Republic, ~1 mile Cristal Clear Charters. Went out with Silent World a couple of months ago. The pre-dive briefing included the caveat, "If you reboard the boat (after the Speigel dive) with less than 500#, for safety reasons, you won't be allowed to do the second (Benwood-shallow) dive." Not sure what the logic behind that statement was.

Here are some really good choices to pick from:

BlueWater Brent 305 453-9600

Conch Republic Brenda and Gary 305 852-1655

Silent World Chris and Allison 305 451-3252

Island Ventures Ann 305 451-4957

I would give all these a
icon14.gif
in my book. It's your vacation but these are the best in the Upper Keys from my personal experience.
Becky

Yep, this is the Who's Who list among us locals. And who would know better than the locals :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom