key west advice needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texasdiver2

Registered
Reaction score
Am considering trading my timeshare for a week at Coconut Beach REsort in Key West. Anyone had experience staying there? Any outstanding dive operators convenient to Coconut? Any dive ops offering AL 100s or steel tanks? How far do you travel from Key West on the dive boat to reach dive destinations? Thanks for any help

Texas,
I lived and ran boats out of Key West for about 11 years. There is no truly outstanding dive operator in KW. All of the majors are about equal. They all dive the same sites. It just depends upon the crew, and the day. If I recall correctly, Coconut Beach is on South Roosevelt (resorts change ownership and names quite frequently). If this is the case, Key West Pro Dive, or Subtropic, would be the most convenient. Southpoint, and Captains Corner are downtown where parking can sometimes be a problem.

I don't know of any regular operator who uses 100's or steel, but that may have changed--call around.

Runs are normally about 20-40 minutes, depending upon whether they are going east to the Sambos, south to the Cayman and Tug, or west to the dry rocks' and Sand Key.

Good luck getting the trade.

Maybe you have more trading power than I do, but I can't find anything in the keys. (RCI)

TwoBit

Oops, I guess I got their name wrong. Dive Key West was what I meant to say. Bob and Cece are good people.

posted February 21, 2004 05:14 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Key West is HOT!! HOT!! HOT!!
If you want to dive or party
I've been down there 3 times. The first time was in '84 each time you can see the changes more & more Tourist & College students on weekends Don't drive the long highway at night.Can be dangerous!
Hog's Breath Great Burgers
Don't miss Mallory Pier Sun Set
Check out The Conch Train Tour
If you want a taste of the bar seen
Check out Sloppy Joe's or Capt.Tony's
But the locals have the best bars
The Green Parrot is a great corner bar
Just off Duval near The Truman Annex
Great Blues R&B See the web site Green Parrot .com ( I think?? )
I dove with Dive Key West
Not a cattle boat operation

Bob
P.S.
Wow Bob & Cece OKAY

I dove in'98 with Rob Z
say Hi For me

Texasdiver2:
Am considering trading my timeshare for a week at Coconut Beach REsort in Key West. Anyone had experience staying there? Any outstanding dive operators convenient to Coconut? Any dive ops offering AL 100s or steel tanks? How far do you travel from Key West on the dive boat to reach dive destinations? Thanks for any help

I go to the keys a couple times a year and I always dive with Subtropic. Its a good operation and I've never had a problem with them. I don't believe they offer anything other than Al80s. I would, however, book the afternoon dive because you tend to be hung over in the morning in Key West!

Back
Top Bottom