Kia Ora from New Zealand!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi BDG - I only just spotted your thread. I am a diver based in Wellington, send me a PM when you arrive if you want an intro to local sites or dive shops.

Alison

Hey BDG, You will have a blast. Wellington has some great easily accesable diving.
Who are you doing your certification with?

Alijtaylor will show you around if you need a buddy. Ali is good like that:D

Hi guys! Thanks for all the welcomes, and woohoo someone actually based out of Wellington! Nice to meet you Alison. :) I'll be sure to be in contact once I'm down (will be arriving early next month). And Azza, I was thinking of doing my certification with Island Bay Divers, as their OW program seemed more comprehensive than others (ten OW dives as opposed to six, etc). They also note that they're close to public transportation which is a must since I'm one of those freaks that doesn't drive, hehe.

Badly Drawn Girl:
I was thinking of doing my certification with Island Bay Divers, as their OW program seemed more comprehensive than others (ten OW dives as opposed to six, etc). They also note that they're close to public transportation which is a must since I'm one of those freaks that doesn't drive, hehe.
Oh he still uses that line does he:rofl3:

The Island Bay Divers Open Water course is still 4 dives like every other course. What he does do however is to give you a free shore dives for the following 6 saturdays after your course. He runs them every saturday, regardless of weather conditions (Wellington has a 360 degree coastline so there is alwasy somewhere you can dive) and you get buddied up with someone who turns up and you go diving.
I like it that he does this as it does introduce you to others in the region...Alison is a regular on these dives so with luck you will get to meet her.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom