kidney transplant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

easydiver1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
About a year and 4 months ago I had a kidney transplant. I had been an active Atlantic wreck diver for many years. I am now 59 years old. I was diagnosed with kidney disease about 17 years back. I spent some time on dialisis and thought I would never dive again. I was always interested in diving vintage gear and had a U S Navy Mark V that I dived many times. Also had a collection of double hose regs that I dived. I have done well with my transplant. The first year was hard but am now doing very well. My doctor recently told me I can resume diving. I am quite excited and have made a few dives with no problems. I have been invited to dive at Silver Springs on Memorial day weekend at the Sea Hunt reuinion. This is like a dream come true. I would like to talk with anyone with a transplant experience that has or is planning to dive again. I never thought I would dive again and got rid of most of my gear. I have started collecting vintage gear again. ( anyone with vintage gear they want to sell or trade? ) Never say never! Your dreams may come true. They did for me

Welcome back to the world of diving. A quick refresher would of course be recommended. Many changes in the past few years in Diving.

Great post! My brother also had a transplant, and I will pass this along to him. I learned to dive after him and would love to have him as a dive buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind words. My friend that is accompanying to Florida for Sea Hunt 2011 is a instuctor and will give me a refresher. Broct, If your brother would like to talk with me, he can contact me at maadams1@comcast.net. My brother is also my dive buddy and is glad to have me back as well. Thanks again

Thank you for the post! Congratulations, I am very happy for you. I know how much more you appreciate each dive now.

Back
Top Bottom