Kids & Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

metaldector

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I bought my 4 year old a shorty wetsuit, bright pink (she picked it out) at Oceanfest a couple of weeks ago. We haven't been to the pool or beach yet. So, last night she tells me she wants a shower. I turn on the water for her and she closes the door and gets into the shower. I go to check on her and there she is in her new hot pink shorty, singing "beach songs" while showering. That brought a big smile to my face. She calls our sport "Scubabobbing". What funny things have your kids said or done about Scubabobbing?

Mine got together with an instructor friend at a dive shop's pool. After doing some class work they went into the pool and a horizontal hover was demonstrated by the instructor and myself. They did it in the shallow end and then went through all the shallow skill requirements.

I'm at the bottom of the deep end of the pool and watch as my two young kids deflate their bc's and horizontally descend towards me. 3' off the bottom they both come to a stop and motionlessly hover hands clasped and feet in perfect frog kick form. They held it for a good 20-30 seconds and never once touched the bottom.

Boy was I impressed!!!!

My 2 1/2 year old likes to run around and pretend he's a scuba diver!
scuba2.jpg

scuba1.jpg

That is great! I can't wait until my two infants can go dive with my wife and I.

Be Careful My 8YO has already cost me a arm and a leg he loves this sport so much he has done a SNUBA trip in Maui and this year for his 9th B-day he is having a PADI Bubble makers party that one hurt. He has also been signed up for a Seal team Camp this summer. He is cutting into my scuba funds but the smile on his face is worth it.:D

How old must one be to breath from a reg :) My 2 y/o loves to run around with my mask.

Zed:
Get that kid some antifog!

Are you kidding? Teach him right - spit! :wink:

My 11 yo starts hew OW class work next week. Studying the material together has helped her with some school subjects she's weak in - math and science. Especially doing math with time. Taught her dive tables, including repetitive diving, in about 30 minutes :) Now she sees there's a reason to do the work, and its more fun than the school work. Lucky too, as her earth science class was studying the ocean when we started on the book.

Back
Top Bottom