Killer deal on the E-PM1 with Olympus housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kenr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This could be a front page Slickdeal :wink:

Jack is selling the E-PM1 with the Olympus housing PT-EP06 including a focus gear for the 14-42 all for $500. This maybe a better deal than the previous E-PL1 Adorama deal that was $100 less but no focus gear. The PM1 is a newer generation camera. Jump on this if you want it I was told they are down to the end of their stock.

I just bought one for a backup to my OM-D. My girl friend wanted a 4/3rds camera so I will give her this one and borrow it back for photo dive trips, also works with the 60mm macro. I am told the port will also hold the 12-50mm.
Ken

Thanks James, I forgot to say who was selling it. Yea Optical Ocean Sales.

Last edited:
If you don't know who Jack is by name, try this link: e-pm1 deal

I wouldn't have known either if it wasn't for his name being in my tracking email a couple days ago...

I have been waiting for this :)

Yes Indeed I just ordered one .

I'm now officially excited mine should be here Thurs . I ordered mine thru BackScatter. This is actually the same price I paid for My Sea Life 1400. Of course no doubt the price reflects a new improved model is eminent. But in truth like computers there's no way to beat the relentless onslaught of electronic improvement. Other then to buy every new model that comes out, or take the discount and be satisfied. I choose the latter.

Last edited:
I'm now officially excited mine should be here Thurs . I ordered mine thru BackScatter. This is actually the same price I paid for My Sea Life 1400. Of course no doubt the price reflects a new improved model is eminent. But in truth like computers there no way to beat the relentless onslaught of electronic improvement. Other then to buy every new model that comes out, or take the discount and be satisfied. I choose the latter.

the pm1 is already an older model.

Just bought this in a complete system from Optical Ocean Sales. Can't beat these prices.

the pm1 is already an older model.
Umm yes it's a couple years old, but not sure I get how that relates to my post exactly ? I was simply speculating as to why the (super deal). The EMP1 is still a current model and is the striped down starting point and mini of the PEN model line up .

Which will now most likely be superseded by a new improved striped down starting point mini ( if it sold well) or just dropped (if it didn't) Which is possible and perhaps why they are making it a package and blowing out the housing as well.

Of course there is third alternative which from a customer stand point does not bode quite as well. And that would be that the company is so strapped for cash they are desperately trying to generate revenue . Particularly if the cameras are sold to the dealers with any kind of buy back clause. All of this is in fact just speculation but Time will tell

But none of the above would be for me, a reason not to take advantage of this deal. So I did.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom