Kind and Patient Dive Shops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And what could go wrong with that?

Well, we have a list. But then, it’s México! So we expect a little more informality.

I will say that we found the whale shark snorkeling to be astounding and alarming. Glad we saw them, but not again. We also managed to find some mainland beaches with water that wasn’t an appalling dark brown from seaweed. And my dearie did do a two tank Discover Scuba Diving boat dive in Cozumel, to the extent her ears allowed. And I dove with an amazing young woman from Texas who had the best buoyancy control I’ve ever seen, and that was an inspiration!

Glad you had fun. I was going g to suggest you perhaps consider cenote diving. No currents etc. Personally I’m not a fan of the whale shark stuff in Mexico....haven’t done it, wouldn’t endorse it.

There are LOTS of dive shops to take you diving in PDC. I've dove several times with Phocea and they cater to a wide variety of levels and have a shop in Cozumel as well and can arrage all the transport. I haven`t dove with other shops in PDC as liked Phocea.

Have fun whatever you choose and report back how you liked it

...We also managed to find some mainland beaches with water that wasn’t an appalling dark brown from seaweed...
In May I was on Cozumel and at the same time a friend of mine was on Isla Mujeres. When we both got home we compared our experiences, and when I got to the Sargassum Plague that has engulfed the east shores of Cozumel and the Mayan Riviera, he told me that Isla had (at least so far at the time) been spared. Apparently the current that flows through the channel between Cozumel and the Yucatan veers to the right as it passes by Isla and keeps the stuff off the east beaches there.

I've been going to cozumel since 1985 first dive in the ocean and newly certified. While cozumel can be advanced dives if your a calm newby who loves it you will do fine with the currents. Dive paradise has been there since I've been going and are a great dive company. I've used several companies and all my experiences have been great. Patient and helpful dive masters. Only one time did we have an inattentive dive master but we had multiple very experienced people in our group. Half of us advanced divers and one who had his master diver. So it was no big deal to us. But I agree with most she needs to want to do it. Most ops will take you on a shore dive and prefer to if you have not dove in awhile before you jump off a boat.

Back
Top Bottom