Kinda ironic but funny situation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a suggestion, but make sure you dont put your home address on the GPS and label it "Home" because as these things are lost ...and especially stolen....the bad guys are turning them on and going to "Home" address and robbing the place.

Good luck.

i know the gps is either at my house or under the seat of my car or at a friends house. just kinda annoying and i still havent found it, besides they would need keys and alarm code and bananas to make it through my house alive and not get caught (yes my dog loves bananas)

Now they have two pieces of the puzzle..........

It has arrived at its destination.

Just a suggestion, but make sure you dont put your home address on the GPS and label it "Home" because as these things are lost ...and especially stolen....the bad guys are turning them on and going to "Home" address and robbing the place.

Good luck.

Why would a bad guy need a GPS to locate a home to break into ?
It is not like it is telling them you are away at a funeral or somewhere else where you won't be home. If I found your lost GPS and was a thief I would not waste my time with you as I would figure all the good stuff you should have in your home is probably been lost as well....

I'm not worried about having "Home" on my GPS.

But, let me suggest not putting the registration for your car or any documents with your home address in the glove box of your car. The suggestion was made by a cop. Here is why:

If someone breaks into your car, they can get (1) your home address and (2) the remote for your garage door opener. If it is an attached garage, the remote is about as good as a key. Even if the connecting door is locked, they can get into the garage and close the overhead door and then work on the connecting door in private. If it is not an attached garage, they can still ransack it.

Worse yet, not all crooks actually take the remote. There are scanners that will copy the signal off your remote, so you won't necessarily even know it has been tampered with. Or, if it is a popular brand of opener, the crook may swap your remote for one from another theft. You won't notice that yours is gone and will think it is just not working.

Since most people put their remotes on the visor or somewhere else easily accessible, it is easily visible to someone outside the car, i.e. the crook, and is an invitation.

I am a cop and the state I work you get a ticket if you fail to carry your vehicle registration. Most states require you carry them.

No one would steal the POS car I drive. But I can hope...

You are right about the remotes. I had one that was a universal unit that would open all garage doors. (Sold only to LE agencies for use in emergencies.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom