Kingston Harbour, Jamaica / Diver death "suspicious"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

$5,000 is a fortune to a Jamaican

$5000 is a fortune to me!!! thats a dive trip!!

Here's a stupid one (think Austin Powers).

"With all that cannabis in his tanks, that diver stands a high probablity of getting narced!"

You see, it's two possible meanings of the word "narced". One being nitrogen narcosis and the other being arrested by...

Oh forget it.

Hey guys

Ususally in this part of SB we see "we pray for him" "tought for friends and family" "rip"
But I see here only jokes, is it because the deceased was (probaly) smugling dope or because he was Jamaican?

Hi gregorio,

I think we're just going by the Uncle Pug sticky for this forum and general feel for how this thread has unfolded. I guess it seems a bit callous.

I thought that thoughts and prayers and condolences are not a part of this thread, but are accepted.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=52701

in particular:

"...
(4) No "condolences to the family" here

It is important for us as a community to assess and discuss diving accidents and incidents as a means of preventing them. However, once emotions are involved intelligent discussion becomes next to impossible..."

And prayers for the deceased should go here:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=494

And lastly, there is nothing racist at all but definitely biased.

Here's the deal, and I mean this sincerely:

I do not have any respect or regard for someone doing what this guy was reported to have been doing, especially when using the excuse of "off to visit my ill father for the day" to duck out and do the deal. I think there is a very valuable lesson to be learned from this particular thread, and I already know it. I see you're from a different part of the world so maybe they do things differently there.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to add thought and prayers for the deceased and his family. God have mercy.

Many Happy Dives!

edit: removed possible flame material.

I am surprised that no one has offered condolences to the cannabis.

I have no concern or sadness for the loss because he died from conducting an illegal act in a stupid way that harmed other's property (the boat). I love Jamaica and have many friends there, and I fully understand the struggle to survive by many Jamaicans. My friends are very upset at how drugs are tearing apart their country.

I think Darwin's theory of evolution was in full display here and mankind has benefited from the loss.

If Marijuana was legal (like it is in some parts of the world) there would be no problems.

crosing:
If Marijuana was legal (like it is in some parts of the world) there would be no problems.

You know, I think you're right. If you legalize something, then it's ok. The guy could just carry a hand bag full of weed or coke or whatever on the plane for delivery, and it would be fine. As long as we all agree that it's ok, then that's fine. If you legalize everything, then everything is fine and legal.

On the other hand, we have to live around other people. In an ideal world all things would work out so everyone was treated fair, and felt good about everything, and could do what they wanted. But reality is different. We have to impose rules and laws so we can live together. So sometimes we have to do something we don't want to do, like pull over and comply with the requests of a cop, or submit to a search in an airport, or accept that it's not right to smuggle things, even though we don't understand the reasons why people don't want us to.

So I guess your point is that this guy would still be alive if weed was legal.

NOT. He'd be doing some other illegal activity to get by. You can count on it. Maybe he'd be doing something you wouldn't like.

Or maybe you're just a troll?

Back
Top Bottom