Kingston ON shore dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

excellent i just have to learn to use everything to its full potential. I know looking at the Munson from the boat to shore does not look all to far but I would hate to carry the gear around Lamoine point.
I am looking into putting out line on the different shore dives. I know there is some line in the water already and I asked NTD what they recommend for lining. I think my first little experiment will be making the line on the Cora Post a little more accessable. Right now you have to pick it up at around 20 ft off the white automative light house pilon and it can be difficult to find.

I should clarify the one dove shop remark. there is one that is solely a dive shop Northern Tech Divers in Collinsbay (use to be Kingston Dive center). There is the Source fo Sport downtown that does have a scuba section and can fill your tanks. Limestone has moved but is still going to fill tanks and do charters. I believe Cliff will still have his compressor around Portsmoth harbour but not 100% sure ask him for clarification. The only other air fill place i know of is the CFB Dolphin scuba club a private club for the military. Hope that answers some questions that have been emailed to me.

There was a post on one of the other boards by Cliff stating he was opening up a 3000 sq ft place down by the new arena someplace. When is this going to happen.

I agree with Scubacandd....the only shop in Kingston to dive out of is Northern Tec., they would IMHO never stear you wrong.
If you like Quarey dives for tune ups or just long shallow fun play dives, try the Burral road Quarry. I have done the Marine Musieum also.

Brian

I dive with a club in SW Ontario and we do a trip or two to the Kingston and Brockville area each year. I have done the Lock 21 and Rothsay shore dives but I would like to have a guide to other options that I could do apart from the club - with just a buddy and a weekend to kill. Doing the charters is great but I would like to do something in addition less expensive. I don't want to spend a whole day looking for spots and losing dive time because I'm not familiar with the area. Has anyone put together a guide with parking areas and entry points? I would be interested in a book or pamphlet with this information - maybe a website. I checked the OUC website but it doesn't have what I'm looking for.

I believe at one point there was a pamplet of local shore dives in Kingston but am not sure what happened to it. I wil be pushing for a pamplet to be done of shore dives via Preserve our Wrecks just need to get it all organized and some volenteers moving with it. I heard about the rumor that Limestone is opening a new big store and well unfortunately this is not true. Cliff, owner of Limestone, is doing some rentals, charters, and training. His new location as he sold the old building is not 3000 sq feet but considerable smaller I have not been there though. There was mention of a dive shop from Brockville coming to Kingston but that fell through too as the owner that was looking to expand does not have enough time as she does charter boats in brockville too.

I heard about the rumor that Limestone is opening a new big store and well unfortunately this is not true.

Hard to believe that Cliff was not being truefull, one of the sites from Kingston had a bunch of shore dives on it, and when I was in Kingston the guys from NTD always had a few places up there sleeves.

The old car in front of the little plant near the big one was pretty neat, like to see if it's still in one piece. Have to get to kingston soon.

I am just going on what Cliff told me last weekend. this makes sense though since I know his store at Portmouth was sold. So in enssence if you want buy new ger you can not do it at Limestones. if it changes do not shoot the messenger just the waythings are right now.

I dive with a club in SW Ontario and we do a trip or two to the Kingston and Brockville area each year. I have done the Lock 21 and Rothsay shore dives but I would like to have a guide to other options that I could do apart from the club - with just a buddy and a weekend to kill. Doing the charters is great but I would like to do something in addition less expensive. I don't want to spend a whole day looking for spots and losing dive time because I'm not familiar with the area. Has anyone put together a guide with parking areas and entry points? I would be interested in a book or pamphlet with this information - maybe a website. I checked the OUC website but it doesn't have what I'm looking for.

What about contacting GLUE to host a joint dive day? Might be the start of a great relationship.

Edit: Oops, I thought you were looking to do it with your club, not on your own. OD has a big section for those looking for dives, may be a help for you.

OD is great, Kingston has lots to offer and OD has lots to offer. I always wondered why the locals spend more money going out of Kingston to dive. Just sounds silly IMHO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom